• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Any judo, bjj, or mma fans out there?

Talk it up just wanted to start a thread about my favorite thing fighting!!! I am more of a judo or jiujitsu fan but I keep up with the mma scene but just in short amount as I am not a huge fan of it. More excitement in bjj or judo here is a couple video highlights of judo and Brazilian jiu-jitsu. I am a full time jiujitsu competitor and regularly fight as some of you know already.
http://youtu.be/_94SS8ZSHvI

Portuge said:
Alot of hard work and dedication on the mat..
Absolutely it takes a lot to compete full time in any of these. A lot of people can't handle it. I have had tons of injuries from broken bones to torn ligaments busted teeth black eyes being put to sleep during training but if you can get past all of that you truly change as an individual you turn humble but become a madman never wanting to stop training it is truly beautiful I encourage everyone to take up bjj or judo as a good activity.

Any clips of your fights, Nightshade? 

As a former student of Korean Kuk Sool Won I don't consider MMA true martial artists but to each his/her own. If I ever return to martial arts I want to study Krav Maga. I am sure you share many things in common since you are in Judo/Jiujitsu. Kuk Sool Won had many joint locks and throws as well. Fascinating stuff.

scratchzilla said:
Is bjj anything like capawea? I'm sure that's misspelled.

No capoeira was creating by slaves who were not allowed to study martial arts with consequences resulting in death or or serious injury from slave masters so it was disguised into a dance involving difficult high low leg sweeps and other complicated maneuvers. Here is a good video on it

salsalady said:
Any clips of your fights, Nightshade?
Will try to get some for you guys posted up here.

KingChile said:
All I know is GSP got his ass whooped not to long ago but some how still got the decision
I disagree strongly I believe in the fact of to beat the champion someone should have to finish them.
Proud Marine Dad said:
As a former student of Korean Kuk Sool Won I don't consider MMA true martial artists but to each his/her own. If I ever return to martial arts I want to study Krav Maga. I am sure you share many things in common since you are in Judo/Jiujitsu. Kuk Sool Won had many joint locks and throws as well. Fascinating stuff.
Trust me when I say anything outside of Israel is not going to have good Krav Maga actually just saw a local Krav Maga "expert" get knocked out at a Muay Thai fight pretty badly I might add. That is very cool to hear you were in martial arts never have heard of kuk soon won til today learn something new everyday. Agree with you on the mma thing too

you shouldnt have to "finish" the champion to win Hendricks beat the shit outta GSP his face was all fucked up and he could barely see out of one eye and GSP at the end of the fight looked like he was defeated while Hendricks looked like he could go another 5 rounds

If you checkout every GSP fight his face looks the exact same same markings same spots. Some guys have soft chins and drop others swell up. I have stopped watching ufc as much as I used to purely based on the fact of it has lost the essence of technique and sold out to folks who want to see a street brawl I enjoy the fights sometimes but I think it's fake now. I just look up old Vale Tudo matches now if I want to see mma now those display the old school technique and incorporates the brawl and doesn't have all the running

Strikes landed GSP was more than Hendricks a win is a win and in the first round Hendricks tapped to George's guillotine but ref didn't see also Hendricks was just tossing lefts with no control.

he didnt tap lol stop believing the hype and only reason GSP had more strike is bcuz he throws those lil rabbit punches that dont do shit lol hendricks was dropping bombs on GSPs facial area......wow the things people come up with to defend their favorite fighters lol

Believe me I have been fighting for years I know what tap I know what submission is I know what hurts and what doesn't this is the reason why I don't watch ufc as much because people that don't know what they are talking about think they do I have won multiple world, pan american, and about a hundred other titles and championships in Brazilian jiu-jitsu and no gi grappling ann "Salsalady" can attest to this actually I just won another World Series just last weekend and i have trained with some of the best brazilian jiujitsu and mma expert in the world I know what I'm talking about Lol I could care less about the ufc I don't need to protect any fighter. I don't want to argue about this
Feel free to stick around but I will be continuing the convo of GSP vs Hendricks any longer in the end both great fighters win or lose

I have been mma fighting for a while now not to mention i coach muay thai so b4 u open ur mouth and try to tell people they dont know wtf their talkin about know who the hell ur talkin to 1st.....and i know people who dont fight who just watch it and know more than alot of other people it don't mean shit that u been in it a long time there are people who dont play basketball or football but yet know the sport inside and out....nuff said

KingChile said:
I have been mma fighting for a while now not to mention i coach muay thai so b4 u open ur mouth and try to tell people they dont know wtf their talkin about know who the hell ur talkin to 1st.....and i know people who dont fight who just watch it and know more than alot of other people it don't mean shit that u been in it a long time there are people who dont play basketball or football but yet know the sport inside and out....nuff said
wow dude!!    maybe chill my man?   its all good you are the best fighter in the world with the sexiest beard.

tumblr_m0kyn1zdIz1qdezf9o1_500.gif

i never said i was the best nor did i brag i was simply let'n this dude who was tryna tell me basically i dont know shit about mma and tryna imply he was the michael jordan of the mixed martial arts world that i know what im talkin about and....ty for the beard comment it is pretty nice huh? lol jk

KingChile said:
i never said i was the best nor did i brag i was simply let'n this dude who was tryna tell me basically i dont know shit about mma and tryna imply he was the michael jordan of the mixed martial arts world that i know what im talkin about and....ty for the beard comment it is pretty nice huh? lol jk
i know you didnt say you are the best. im just saying dont get all worked up ;)   

p.s. im the best at posting skeleton m.m.a. pics :rofl:

ensor_herring2.jpg

Back