• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Any judo, bjj, or mma fans out there?

Never said I was the Michael Jordan of the mma world I was just stating I know what I'm talking at the point when he was on the ground in the guillotine and as you said you have not trained brazilian jiujitsu or grappling steadily for years and have not competed so you would understand the power of the neck crank happening no need to get all offended man slow down

im not offended just let'n u know i know what im talkin about and no i have not competed in bjj comps and have decent training on the ground but not the best part of my arsenal i will admit but i think i know enuff to atleast say GSP got his ass kicked

lol gj!

fighting-skeletons-fight-fighting-pixmac-image-47233427.jpg

did yall see that rampage fight a week ago?      it was his return.  pretty good fight. ive never lied him,but dude is a good fighter.

Check out some old vale Tudo fights on YouTube that's the real mma no lie its no gloves, head shots, groin shots, it is crazy. I never liked rampage either but he is a good fighter you ever seen that pride fight of his where I think the guy has triangle choke on rampage cant remember pretty sure though and rampage picks him up slams him and knocks the guy out.

i used to love the old school UFC the banned shit lol....wish they would do like a yearly tournament like old school style no weight classes but with the gloves and rules like they have now and winner gets a title shot

i was 17 when the first ufc video came out.  we would rent all the tapes when they came out at the video store smoke up and laugh because that was the first time you ever seen fights like that.   

royce gracie was there and was the best fighter ive ever watched!  dude would take 10 minutes of head shots just so he could grab your arm and break it,amazing!      

i really like watching the "sweet science" boxing.    i was raised on it!  i wrestled from kindergarten all the way to my senior year. made state 5 years. wrestled with a state champion team 3 years.took judo 3 years and boxed for 2.

now i just like to chill and talk shit

SkeletonAnimatedGif.gif

im getting old!

My favorite fighter ever was Royce his walkout with his whole family helio and little kid Ralek (big Brazilian jiu-jitsu figure now adays

worse fight i ever seen was severn VS shamrock
puking.gif
boring fight made me sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they danced around for 30 minutes

^^^^Almost the exact same thing happened during the Ken Shamrock/Oleg Taktarov fight in one of the UFC tourney finals (I can't remember which one off the top of my head).  It was 30 minutes of Shamrock laying on top of Oleg, not doing much offensively.  That boring fight is also pretty much the entire reason why I'm thankful that they later switched to 5 minute rounds, and also started standing fighters up if they weren't doing anything on the ground.

This was at the same UFC tourney where Tank Abbott laid out some 400+ pounder in the first round, and did so in dominating fashion.  Tank may not have been the most well trained person in MMA, and he really had no finesse when it came to his fights.  But he sure did make up for it in some of his highlight reel finishes.

As for the GSP/Hendricks fight, I honestly think Hendricks had him beat.  I've re-watched the fight a few times now too, and each time I only become more and more convinced that GSP was completely outclassed by his challenger.  Not once during his championship reign has St. Pierre been dominated like that either, which was so awesome to see.

But of course, if you can't finish your opponent before the end of the fight, you leave it in the hands of people who have a track record of questionable decisions.  I'm no expert on MMA, by any means, but I do believe that they made the wrong call on that fight.  GSP should've lost his title.  There is no real point in bitching about it here though, because the decision is official and nothing will overturn it.  I just hope that we get to see a rematch between those two at some point in the future, and that the both of them make sure to NOT let it go to a decision.

And I'll be honest here too.  I USED to be a GSP fan.  He is a phenomenal athlete, and will probably go down as the greatest welterweight champion in UFC history.  But ever since he got caught by Matt Serra, his gameplan for his fights have been downright boring to watch.  I mean it isn't like St. Pierre lacks the ability to finish his fights.  He just chooses to play it way too safe out of fear he might get tapped on the button again.  That's why every fight of his since 2009 has gone to a decision, and also why a lot of UFC fans are fed up with him as the WW champ.  

Never been much of a GSP fan and no way is he the most exciting but like I always say the judges are 50 something people that have no clue what they are doing they award points by a rule book doesn't matter if I slap somebody 30 times and only get hit twice but those two hits rock me but don't get hit at all any other time I still won. My favorite has to be anderson silva he's exciting always has a nice fight except for the fight vs Demian Maia in Abu Dhabi.

^^^^In other words, GSP is nothing more than a point whore.  He throws punches for points, but most of those punches have little to no power behind them.  This is one of the big reasons why I think that visible physical damage should be factored into how the rounds are scored.

And Spider has had a ton of highlight finishes in his career.  I just think he became a little too cocky after being the king at MW for so many years, and it ultimately led to him losing his title.

JuanHubero said:
^^^^In other words, GSP is nothing more than a point whore.  He throws punches for points, but most of those punches have little to no power behind them.  This is one of the big reasons why I think that visible physical damage should be factored into how the rounds are scored.
And Spider has had a ton of highlight finishes in his career.  I just think he became a little too cocky after being the king at MW for so many years, and it ultimately led to him losing his title.
this is true I think so too but the commission would never allow it because you would have some idiot walking up in there killing everybody just to get a facial damage win. Plus the ufc has already made the move to make sure that a really bloody fight doesn't happen on fox (I think it was fox) I honestly believe Anderson is done with fighting so he is just not going to try his hardest these next 9 fights he has on his contract to blow past his fights. He has no chance to see his family because he is always training and photo shoots and etc Dana honestly doesn't pay these guys enough Anderson gets paid 1million to fight, somebody in boxing gets paid 45x that amount and they don't finish fights like him.

Back