• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

any1 heard of this..

shayneyasinski said:
The Hatari is real!!!
I may be able to get some seeds and more info on them but one thing is for sure is that it is hard to grow.

sounds good the pics would be awesome :)

I think the Hatari is a trademarked peri-peri pepper from the looks of it.
*notice the TM on "Hatari" on the website.

Well, it's from africa..well, the hottest peppers don't come from there. Birdseye, ya..but that's not even that hot.

I call Marketing on it. It's just habs. 90% of the people in the world wouldn't know habs from bird pepper if it hit them in the head.

Now, I know Shayne does know the diff. if he rly does have something, well, I'd belive him. Until then, I don't belive in Hatari.

QuadShotz said:
I think the Hatari is a trademarked peri-peri pepper from the looks of it.
*notice the TM on "Hatari" on the website.

Well, it's from africa..well, the hottest peppers don't come from there. Birdseye, ya..but that's not even that hot.

I call Marketing on it. It's just habs. 90% of the people in the world wouldn't know habs from bird pepper if it hit them in the head.

Now, I know Shayne does know the diff. if he rly does have something, well, I'd belive him. Until then, I don't belive in Hatari.
First of Africa does have some mean, mean chiles growing in it, but as most of the countries are 3rd world ones, it's hard to do any proper research and document them all. what I personally have noticed is the commonness of Futescens in that area. they can get as hot as some of the more familiar Chinenses, but they're likely not to. so is it possible for an unknown chile to exist in Africa and further more be extremely hot? yes, and actually quite likely. what seems odd to me is the "hard to grow"/"no pictures"/"only we use it, but it's real..." story.

Well, yes..there could well be some unholy pepper growing most anywhere with the right climate. I just highly doubt that this is one of those.

Smells like marketing to me. Check the ingredients on their sauces. They all have Peri-Peri.

Which is pretty hot, but not by our standards eh? And, hardly revolutionary.

I have a jar of chiletepens from mexico that are about that hot, they make nice snaks.

I can't find a picture of a 'hatari' pepper anywhere..when i see it, I'll belive it. It's just those brothers..THEY are Hatari.

My .02,

-QS

QuadShotz said:
Well, yes..there could well be some unholy pepper growing most anywhere with the right climate. I just highly doubt that this is one of those.

Smells like marketing to me. Check the ingredients on their sauces. They all have Peri-Peri.

Which is pretty hot, but not by our standards eh? And, hardly revolutionary.

I have a jar of chiletepens from mexico that are about that hot, they make nice snaks.
"Our" standards? I personally think it's very hot. while we're at it, I think habs are insanely hot. yes I do eat them like candy, but that's just because I *love* the pain. I'm not made of steel.

I do agree bird peppers make a nice snack. :)

EDIT:
QS @ I want to see some pod pictures first. my personal guess is a random chile (maybe hot... maybe not) mislabeled..

Heh, sorry...I just start at habs and go from there. My heat scale is somewhat twisted. ;)

I like the bird peppers, but damn, the seeds are a PITA!

QuadShotz said:
Heh, sorry...I just start at habs and go from there. My heat scale is somewhat twisted.

I like the bird peppers, but damn, the seeds are a PITA!
tips_pita.jpg

mmmm... pita! :drooling: :lol:

lol, they are a pain in the ass. :lol:

Hahaha, touche!

I stil like my hand-made torts from a local factory..whole wheat even. ;)

It's more like flatbread than those enemic white things in supermarkets.

(I do love pita bread though..cna stuff about anything in there.)

QuadShotz said:
Hahaha, touche!

I stil like my hand-made torts from a local factory..whole wheat even. ;)

It's more like flatbread than those enemic white things in supermarkets.

(I do love pita bread though..cna stuff about anything in there.)
Wow that sucks. the local bakery here makes some mean pitas. they're so good I sometimes eat them as is.

Yeah, unfortunatly america stopped being about quality after WW2.
Luckily, I'm a Canadian, so I dont care..lol

I got my 3 seeds from a guy that does not want to be named and is not Uncle big.
He also said that I am not to sell, trade, share then in any way.
I only have them as I may get a contract to mass produce them for a sauce manufacturer.

here is a pic

IMG_3998.jpg

IMG_3999.jpg

Back