• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Anybody else growing cannabis?

Uncle Eckley

Extreme Member
We've had legal homegrow in Virginia since the summer and I've been having a blast. I run a little 36x20x63 tent and have been able to provide a modest abundance for myself and some family. Just switched from a three-plant staggered autoflower cycle with individual reservoirs to one big reservoir so I can run autos or photos.
Anybody else post your rig?

20211222_210225.jpg

Last edited:
still banging that drum I see! looking frosty my friend. have you looked (im sure you have) at some of the living soil grows online? do you think it compares to soiless in efficiency? yields?

I have seen some of @Northwood's astounding pics of his little planet, but never attempted such a thing myself. I expect you could find zealots at either end. I do it the way I do because it's simple and works, not because I believe it's the best way or that there necessarily even is a best way. This tent operates year-to-year at what I consider to be a ridiculously low cost - certainly when compared to what I used to spend and how I used to have to conduct myself back during Prohibition.

The very few, very brief experiences I've had with cannabis-specific forums (..that looks wrong. Fora?) have made my fun go soft with lots of ego and arguments. It's like everybody's competing to seem the most enthusiastically jaded and unassailably knowledgeable.
There's a particular concentrates forum I've lurked and read interesting things, but most of that stuff is over my head. There's always a bigger stoner and there's no ceiling, lol.

-OR- I really don't know and as such have no opinion, but I know a wedge issue when I see one, lol. I consider myself a novice grower and I am still just thrilled by every gram of flower I'm able to create and enjoy all by myself.
:dance:

I'm new here and I just want to add that I haven't tried living soil grows myself, but I've seen some pretty impressive ones online. As for efficiency and yields, I think it depends on the individual grower and their methods. I do it the way I do because it works for me and is cost-effective.

Where are you guys getting reliable feminized/auto seeds. Looking for White Widow and one of more Northern Lights strains but everyone is crazy expensive for seed. Plus using credit online is a hassle. Cant find any for sale locally. Both rec and med are legal here now.

Blueberry/Bubbleberry would also be high on my list

Where are you guys getting reliable feminized/auto seeds. Looking for White Widow and one of more Northern Lights strains but everyone is crazy expensive for seed. Plus using credit online is a hassle. Cant find any for sale locally. Both rec and med are legal here now.

Blueberry/Bubbleberry would also be high on my list

DM sent.

Sweet, i think i will give this a try. Its similar to the first strain a buddy grew years ago. His was White Widow x Crystal seeds from Amsterdam. Then he grew Blueberry and Bubble Berry.

Last edited:
That Purple Thai looks great.

Luckily we got several good close shops to tide me over. The Peach Crescendo (28%) i got the other day was outstanding. I got a 5 1/8ths of various strains for $120 out the door. Bakers Dozen being the cheapest and its was amazing for cheap.

Ive grown more fond of kief/hash/solventless extracts and that stuff aint cheap. The CO2 equipment is super freaking expensive so im left with a press as my only option. Not fond of RSO/FECO at all and you are not supposed to inhale those anyway. Once you sample good rosin, everything else is just kinda.....Meh

Oh and my Triple Sec just sprouted today. Free seed from a 1/8th i bought. Found 1 damn seed out of all the 1/8ths ive gotten since rec went legal. :D

Last edited:
Local hydro shop has seeds LOL and he gave me 11 free from a local commercial grower. The guy had a post on Instagram or whatever that the next 2 customers get their choice of free seeds. No auto or feminized for free but at this point im just fine with it. I was so happy i got one of his GH recirculating kits i can also add a DWC air stone to it. About $29 in parts with my bucket/pump/air stone.

TREE1FOUR Genetics is the grower.
8Lhhbkm.jpg

Last edited:
I'm new here and I just want to add that I haven't tried living soil grows myself, but I've seen some pretty impressive ones online. As for efficiency and yields, I think it depends on the individual grower and their methods. I do it the way I do because it works for me and is cost-effective.

I totally get what you mean about some cannabis forums being filled with ego and arguments. It's like a competition to see who knows the most, and it can be pretty off-putting. But hey, we're all just trying to learn and enjoy the fruits of our labor, right? And at the end of the day, that's all that matters. By the way, I've found this informative article at https://www.mindbodygreen.com/articles/heres-what-makes-this-200-year-old-heirloom-best-cbd-for-relief/. What do you think of it?

I totally get what you mean about some cannabis forums being filled with ego and arguments. It's like a competition to see who knows the most, and it can be pretty off-putting. But hey, we're all just trying to learn and enjoy the fruits of our labor, right? And at the end of the day, that's all that matters. By the way, I've found this informative article at https://www.mindbodygreen.com/articles/heres-what-makes-this-200-year-old-heirloom-best-cbd-for-relief/. What do you think of it?
You replied to yourself 🤣

Back