• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Anybody else growing cannabis?

Uncle Eckley

Extreme Member
We've had legal homegrow in Virginia since the summer and I've been having a blast. I run a little 36x20x63 tent and have been able to provide a modest abundance for myself and some family. Just switched from a three-plant staggered autoflower cycle with individual reservoirs to one big reservoir so I can run autos or photos.
Anybody else post your rig?

20211222_210225.jpg

Last edited:
Gunna try a 50/50 mix of Roots Organic original mix and Strawberry Fields in 3gallon (talls) fabric pots. Guy on the other board that grows mostly autos recommends it. Locally i got it fairly cheap too. At least way cheaper than Amazon.

the outdoor season is done here in southern Ontario. was a pretty good haul. our patch yielded 30+P's dry, with the best one at 2.5P's. basically cleaned a P a day after work for the last month straight.

been growing indoor using EBB and FLO and the Sea Of Green method. because it's a numbers game here now that it's legal, I've been contemplating other hydro methods......

anyone here doing Deep Water?

That's basically what I do, though my reservoirs are only about three gallons.
perfect, that's what I was planning on but from what I've been reading it's tough to keep the reservoirs from over heating. so I was over engineering a remote reservoir that circulates the nutrients outside the room but that just seems like asking for trouble.

approx how often do you have to adjust your reservoirs? and replace?

I'm thinking that because only the roots touch the reservoir it SHOULD stay stable...ish. I understand the plant will use the water and nutrients at a different rate
but how does you pH hold up?

for the ebb and Flo table I had a 30 gallon reservoir which was easy to keep stable but bottom watering comes with it own problems like nutrient build up in the rockwool.

The degree of pH adjustment required over the course of a grow varies by plant. (I grow autos, so it's always something different in my tent.) There was a time when u checked levels and adjusted every day, but I usually only check now if I see a problem.
I rinse my reservoirs (and the roots) with a clean gallon at every nute swap. Fresh nutes weekly, topping up with clean, pH-adjusted water as needed between changes. Four air stones in each reservoir. I use GH Flora at half the label instructions and plenty of Hydroguard. That's it.

Two four-watt dual output pumps per reservoir. Trying to remember the brand I like..
Tap water for this. RODI is too much trouble, and I need new inserts, besides.
No problem!

Edit: Had to look it up. Uniclife 64gph from Amazon.

Last edited:
waiting for my state to go home grown.

now' here if you have a medical card, walk in and walk with over priced meds.

but its legal!!!

before that i was out law for my personal use.

my grow cab is 4ftx4ftx8ft high. and i run 1000w

i never ran led or auto flower thou

when its legal here will grow again.

anyone here holding the road kill skunk?

and why autos other then for shorter finishing times?

waiting for my state to go home grown.

now' here if you have a medical card, walk in and walk with over priced meds.

but its legal!!!

before that i was out law for my personal use.

my grow cab is 4ftx4ftx8ft high. and i run 1000w

i never ran led or auto flower thou

when its legal here will grow again.

anyone here holding the road kill skunk?

and why autos other then for shorter finishing times?
The pricing will change. It's so cheap here now that it makes growing not worth it unless you just want the experience or enjoy gardening. You can find example pricing with their online ordering (for pickup only, sorry) here: https://rockyroad.com/rrvmenu/

Last edited:
The pricing will change. It's so cheap here now that it makes growing not worth it unless you just want the experience or enjoy gardening
up here the government getting involved made the legal price ridiculous, was cheaper to continue to buy it from the guy on the corner.

weed shops popped up on every corner at approx $40k a licence, the government cleaned up. weed shops are starting to fail now. there's 3 within 1km (.6 mi ), 12 within 5km (3mi) and 21 within 10km (6 mi) of my house. I live in the suburbs, the city is far worse.

Sampled the 98 Aloha WW from 10/16 chop. Needs more time but it aint half bad. Tested to 17% too but sure feels stronger than that. Grabbed these beans for a deal. Had 5 mystery beans inside. They are I95 strain regulars from what im told. Ive tried the rosin made from Liquid Sunshine and its excellent.
These are for spring planting.
S5KmqTo.jpg

dP0qWKDh.png

Attachments

• 20231110_151125.jpg
    20231110_151125.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Cultivator messaged me back. I wanted to know for sure what the free beans were. Turns out its Gush Mintz X Dirty Taxi reg. I went ahead and dropped a Liquid Sunshine in water and will try to pop it. I can set up a spare tent if needed now.

Last edited:
The Liquid Sunshine bean already popped. This time i tried the soak in water overnight method....(or until the seed will sink). Well it worked great and didnt need until overnight. Put it in a damp sterile gauze pad and this morning it had almost a1" tail on it.

Gunna need to grow this one separate from my autos and really need clones of this one too.

Here its legal to sell clones and this strain (from this cultivator) you cant buy anymore as far as i know. He went to work for Vibe Cannabis and they picked up this strain for their flower and rosin.

Last edited:
Back