• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Anyone else get frost last night!?

Pepper-Guru

Extreme Member
Walked out to the car this morning to find frost on the windshield! I wasn't expecting that at all! No warning on the news, and temps didn't seem to warrant the worry really. Crazy stuff. Pepper plants seem to be fine, but I guess I gotta get a move on getting the mothers dug up and pruned back. Anyone else around Atlanta get frost?

I'm about 20 miles north of Birmingham. The news here said "patchy frost" so I rolled the plants into the garage. I did have to defrost the windshield before I could leave for work though.

Same thing here, wipers were stuck to the windshield, but 8 miles away is Lake Michigan, and the air temperature at the lakefront overnight was 42......still have a few plants to winter-over, tomorrow will be in the 60's and sunny......nice

The northern suburbs of the Twin Cities got down to 26 last night. Although all my plants were covered, all got nipped, some worse than others though. Sad, not ready yet for the season to end!

We had SNOW!! Granted it was flakes and didn't last long but GRRRR. The weatherman explained it as Siberia had a bad snowstorm so we got the fallout in the form of cold. I think those few flakes escaped as well. I am NEVER ready for winter but after hearing all the problems in other areas of the country I guess we will stay here and put up with snowbanks, cold, ice and mosquitoes in the summer. If not for the above Minnesota is the perfect place to live.

I don’t know around Atlanta, but we here in central Russia got first frost 17 October to 23 F (-5 C). All my pepper plants are killed unless relocated in pots.

Vit.

We had some frost here in Newport TN this morning. Had to use the de-icing windshield wash. Only in the glass though, there was none on the rest of the truck.

Back