• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests Aphid dip

Doesn't seem to bother plants? Isn't listerine alcohol? Congrats on killing the boogers :) Luckily I have never had an issue with aphids..actually have never even seen one..hopefully I never do :)

That yellow listerine tastes like gasoline more or less. I keep it for my use because it works, but I use a blue mint in my sprays. Do you just dip the foliage (upside down)? Surely not the dirt as well.. Glad to hear it works for you.

Mike

That yellow listerine tastes like gasoline more or less. I keep it for my use because it works, but I use a blue mint in my sprays. Do you just dip the foliage (upside down)? Surely not the dirt as well.. Glad to hear it works for you.

Mike

Yes upside down I tried to get as close to the soil as possible without dipping the soil

Doesn't seem to bother plants? Isn't listerine alcohol? Congrats on killing the boogers :) Luckily I have never had an issue with aphids..actually have never even seen one..hopefully I never do :)

If I was you I would find a big a$$ piece of wood and pound on that sucker because that was me last year, and now I am in an ongoing war with them.

Actually if anything the plants look healthier this morning, but only time will tell.

Keep us posted…I want to know if it has any real staying power!

Will do, the real question isn't the staying power as the actual kill rate. If it wiped out all of them problem solved, if it left some the problem will come back. Which seems to be that issues with the sprays I have used miss a few and within days I have a full infestation again but with the dip it should be hard to miss any.

If this is the case again I think I might consider adding neem and dipping again.

Good luck and may the FORCE be with you :lol: Interesting... haven`t caught the aphid bug yet :rofl: , but battled whiteflies the last 2 years near the end of season. May try and adapt this as part of my arsenal this year :dance:

Will do, the real question isn't the staying power as the actual kill rate. If it wiped out all of them problem solved, if it left some the problem will come back. Which seems to be that issues with the sprays I have used miss a few and within days I have a full infestation again but with the dip it should be hard to miss any.

If this is the case again I think I might consider adding neem and dipping again.

One thing's for sure, they all get a taste of the juice!!

Back