• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Are there any more on THP???

When we were stationed in Germany we used to go on Volks Marches, VERY big in Germany. They track your stats in a log book and usually there are medals or pins that you get for going on it and always a big Fest at the end. I also used to be very big into Orienteering which is a combination of Cross Country running and use of Map and Compass.

I showed the website to my wife and she was like "and why haven't you signed us up yet?" So, weather permitting, we will be off on our first quest this weekend.

Cheers and +1 for highlighting this

When we were stationed in Germany we used to go on Volks Marches, VERY big in Germany. They track your stats in a log book and usually there are medals or pins that you get for going on it and always a big Fest at the end. I also used to be very big into Orienteering which is a combination of Cross Country running and use of Map and Compass.

I showed the website to my wife and she was like "and why haven't you signed us up yet?" So, weather permitting, we will be off on our first quest this weekend.

Cheers and +1 for highlighting this

That's great news! Always great to pass my addictions along to the next willing victim!

I had been using a GPS receiver for work since 1999 and had never heard of Geocaching. I had a friend subcontracting for me and he asked if I had ever heard of it. After he described it to me, I replied "That sounds like the goofiest thing I've ever heard of!!!" Well, four years and close to 1600 finds later and I'm up to my eyeballs into it.

Let me know if you need any help navigating the website. Good luck and Happy Caching!!!

Just wanted to post a quick update. So I had a few family members over and I was telling my teenage nephew about the geocache and as I was showing him how to get a list of where they are at I put in my home address and wow there was one hidden in the park next door.

He signed up and went hunting with his cell phone and came back about an hour later with some pics. Not sure why, but for some reason I thought they where all hidden on hiking trails and could only be found that way. Seems like there are actually a lot in the city as well.

To give you a idea of what you could find when geocaching, check out this site: My link

Some of the caches are very evil, and I have seen better ones than that. Some of the best hid are ones that are custom made by the geocacher that hid them. also, geocaches are rated by the hider a 1-5 in difficulty to get to and 1-5 rated in difficulty to find.

I actually checked out your site yesterday from the link page. At first I thought caching was something dedicated to hikers, or people walking trails, since I only had a few minutes to go over the site, but now realize there are probably more hidden in the city. I couldn't imagine trying to find a hidden rock or fake spider!!

Back