• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

ASK THE NEXT PERSON ANYTHING ! GAME !

I personally enjoy an occasional perspective-rearrangment! But when I find my reading glasses in the freezer, I have to wonder if some brain cells got rearranged at the same time!!!!

Favorite Stay-cation activities?

This is why I like living near a city that's big enough to have tons to do. Museums (art, science, natural history), theatres, zoo, Rock and Inventor hall of fames, and when it's nice, farmers' markets, hiking at parks, etc., etc., etc. For real stay at home times, read, cook, make art, work outside with the plants, write poetry ..... See? You guys keep asking about favorites, but who needs 'em?

Is there an upcoming event you are really looking foward to arriving?

Life is a smorgasbord!

I'm looking forward to the NW ChileFest...but that's not until Sept.

What was the last great read (book) you enjoyed?

Hmmm.... I've read so much relating to school work lately, it's hard to even think of which book I last read just for pleasure. (It was Michio Kaku's Physics of the Impossible.) Hmm... Art in Action by Wolterstorff was pretty good.... But guess I'll go with any of Thomas Cahill's Hinges of History books - How the Irish Saved Civilization is an example of one of them, tho that wasn't the last one in the series which I read.

How much do you read for pleasure?

Not necessarily. I've eaten some excellent meals at restaurants, but what I'm more inclined to remember is the company and good time enjoyed, rather than the food. I know the excellence of the food helped make the time enjoyable, but can't really remember much about that.

Isn't that a good thing, to focus more on the people you're with, rather than something that is quickly consumed and gone?

Because the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful. And since we've no place to go, let it snow let it snow let it snow!

Something like that?

Because they're freakin' played almost EVERYWHERE ad infinitum during the holidays.

I just cooked up a corned beef brisket, and it is so tender, so tender. Want some?

If you consider there are nearly 7 BILLION people on this planet, the likelihood that any two ARE doing the same thing at the same time is actually pretty high.

Does knowing you are only 1 in 7 billion make you feel rather speck-like?

Back