• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

hobbies Astronomy

Moon last night.
Temps dropped to -12c

31379904026_21808c2d74_b.jpg

Dragon - good stuff! Last year I bought a Sky-Watcher 8" Dobsonian. I have been itching to take it out lately, but the weather has been crep for weeks. It's funny, I thought my kids would be as into it as I am, but I'm the one who is impatient to get out there again!

So...  Who's taking an Eclipse Vacation this year?

I'm tentatively planning to camp + hike Wyoming's Wind River Mountains for three or four days centered on Aug 21.  
If it looks like clouds will develop over the mountains, I'll try to scoot east to the plains.

Would love too, but unless I can find transport probably wont, who knows, maybe have a car by then :)
Just have to anticipate setting up at home :)

dragonsfire said:
Would love too, but unless I can find transport probably wont, who knows, maybe have a car by then :)
Just have to anticipate setting up at home :)

Good for a 79% eclipse.  Not too shabby.  
But here's hoping you can scare up some wheels, catch a carpool (there must be a local astro club), or ... steal a horse!   ;)

Sadly, I'm far from the path of the eclipse :tear:

But I hope everyone who can travel can get in range.

Geonerd - cool trip to WY! That should be awesome.

80% better then nothing, but if the weather does not get better then its probably clouds anyway unfortunately. Here's hoping :)

I am planning a trip to the paths center in the southwest part of NC for a couple days, cant wait. Have to go get a couple eclipse glasses tho any recommendations or on what I could photo graph it with?

I'm SO close to the band of totality for the upcoming eclipse....but I'm probably going to have to travel 50 miles west to get a really good view of it.

BzTkSNW.jpg

Def worthwhile if you have the kit to check out the Sun :) Their are site handing out free glasses. SkyNews magazine had a pair included in their last issue.

Back