• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

ATTN: Washington- wingdome challenge

I waited a bit before I would post, so here how I saw it. For the record, I did get 5/7 wings down..... :mouthonfire:

The Sauce was nasty, they need to use real peppers instead of extracts to get the level of heat they are trying to achieve. I did OK considering the sauce, and at the third wing I nearly inhaled some of it when I tried to get a quick breath in. I lost about 30-45 seconds trying to regain my composure, by that time, there was no way i was going to complete the challenge. On the way home the extracts tried to cause me grief, serious stomach pain, light headed, nauseated, hot flashes. I am glad my wife had asked me to stop so she could use the bathroom at a fast food joint, it hit me while I was waiting for her, I ended up doing the same. So far the other shoe has yet to drop, maybe I have dodged the bullet there......... :hell:

our internet is in and outoutoutoutoutoutout---

I'll get our lousy video up asap.

Glad you're feeling better, LnF, and hope CA and Walt are OK.

LnF, if you want to, go to the original post, go to advanced editor and change the post titles to show that the challenge is done and videos are coming soon. Or I could start another thread and c&p the recent posts.

After this disgusting wing challenge, I think it would be a good thing to get a NW Chilehead Wing Sauce concocted for a NW challenge. That was the first time we'd tasted wings, and I gotta say, we were NOT impressed! I'm gonna cruise through the threads here on wings and even if I have to do them in the oven (GASP! GAWD FORBID! lol) I'm SURE there is a better and probaly hotter, recipe around here.

either that... or cry and whine to Defcon Creator to get his butt out here to the west cost at a festival or something for a Defcon Wing Challenge!

Hmmm, I heard a rumor of a possible NW get-together in August. DefconCreator...what's your schedule looking like? Any trips planned to the WEST side of the country??

:)

What everyone has been waiting for - pictures of the Wingdome challenge!

Checking out the agreement you gotta sign to take the challenge:

DSC00001.jpg

The contestants, signed!!!

Lazienfat:
DSC00006.jpg

SalsaKid and SalsaMom
DSC00007.jpg

RS67Man:
DSC00008.jpg

ChileAddict:
DSC00009.jpg

The 7-Alarm Challenge Wings arrive! :hell:
DSC00011.jpg

ChileAddict (foreground), SK and SL start in....
DSC00016.jpg

Lazienfat downing a 7-Alarm death wing!
DSC00017.jpg

Chileheads thinking... What the...
DSC00028.jpg

To be continued...

Wingdome challenge continued...

SL and RS67Man on full attack!
DSC00034.jpg

CA finished the death wings! Now, to down the lettuce!
DSC00037.jpg
\

SK and SL are working the home stretch...
DSC00038.jpg

Lazienfat, kicking some death wing A@#$#$!!
DSC00039.jpg

CA - Challenge is done!
DSC00040.jpg

Group shot near the end of the challenge
DSC00043.jpg

Congratulations Lazienfat - 7-Alarm challenge winner!
DSC00047.jpg

Congratulations ChileAddict - 7-Alarm challenge winner!
DSC00049.jpg

The Pacific Northwest Chiliheads... having come, done, and kicked the 7-Alarm challenge!
From left to right: RS67Man & wife, DuvallDaves, Lazienfat, ChileAddict, SalsaLady, and SalsaKid
DSC00050.jpg

These pictures remind me how great a time we all had! Thank you Lazienfat for the fantastic get-together! :dance: :woohoo:

our internet is in and outoutoutoutoutoutout---

I'll get our lousy video up asap.

Glad you're feeling better, LnF, and hope CA and Walt are OK.

LnF, if you want to, go to the original post, go to advanced editor and change the post titles to show that the challenge is done and videos are coming soon. Or I could start another thread and c&p the recent posts.

After this disgusting wing challenge, I think it would be a good thing to get a NW Chilehead Wing Sauce concocted for a NW challenge. That was the first time we'd tasted wings, and I gotta say, we were NOT impressed! I'm gonna cruise through the threads here on wings and even if I have to do them in the oven (GASP! GAWD FORBID! lol) I'm SURE there is a better and probaly hotter, recipe around here.

either that... or cry and whine to Defcon Creator to get his butt out here to the west cost at a festival or something for a Defcon Wing Challenge!

Hmmm, I heard a rumor of a possible NW get-together in August. DefconCreator...what's your schedule looking like? Any trips planned to the WEST side of the country??

:)

Great idea - we should put on our own wing challenge or beg The Creator to head West! :hell:

Here's another video from start to finish. It's not the best quality and the bar was really noisy with the TV's.

Watch for my left hand coming up to the mouth...that was the uurrps. The waitress was cheering on Lazi at the end to get the lettuce down.
Thanks for the pictures DD, I only got 2 good pictures, I wasn't paying much attention to the camera. :lol:

Thanks for posting guys! CA was a machine! He got more every last drop down. DD my brother in law cant stop eating the hot sauce you gave him he keeps going back to the refrigerator over and over lol. SL the salsa is epic also! The video made it look far easier than it actually was. Sure was a great time, next time I vote for no eating challenge lol.

Yea, I vote for no eating challenge also...UNLESS.....maybe a Defcon challenge?!?!??? ;) ;)

It was a whole lot more fun just hanging out and eating hot sauces, peppers and food at CA's house.

Here's the sign that was at the end of the table.
fde0f4c6.jpg

and the chilehead crew~~~
70978742.jpg

Looked like fun! Too bad the sauce sucked. There was plenty of it too. Mmm...nothing like a bunch of soggy hot lettuce drenched in crappy wing sauce. :eek: Good job y'all. :clap: :beer:

Hi guys, sorry I didn't chime in sooner, didn't know this thread existed. We don't have any events on the west coast planned for 2011. We will be in TX next month for Zest Fest, CT in May for the NERCC chili cookoff, Now Orleans in July for the first ever Defcon Frog Leg Eating Deathmatch (yeah, a little different) and Ohio in October for Jung Jims Weekend of Fire. With freight costs being so much (from New Jersey), doing shows on the west coast are quite cost prohibitive (one reason we no longer do the Fiery Foods show in Albuquerque).

Back