• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

ATTN: Washington- wingdome challenge

Cool, Walt, but we'd better check before adding it. They could say you were adding sugar to dull the heat and then you wouldn't get the t-shirt! :crazy:

Do we have a time and location? 3:00 for Maligator? Location is up to you guys.

And we probably should call ahead to save a big table. Do they get the Sunday football crowds?

When I said in my review of the 7 alarm sauce that I should add WickedMojo powder, that was just a joking around comment I made to my son to make the point that the sauce was not extremely hot. I wasn't really planning on it. I would not want to waste his powder and also not want to jeopardize the event by breaking a rule (if one existed).

Thanks RS but I believe my brother and law and sister maybe joining me on this so will have to pass but thanks. Funny story I am going to move back to Tacoma hahaa. I think it would be a good idea to call ahead and let them know we're bringing an army to conquer their challenge. I am going to make a similar type sauce and do a practice run this weekend.

Also any strategies you have planned out? I was kind of thinking to just eat them as fast as I can than wait for the timer to buzz.

LnF... WHERE did you find that?!? :lol: too funny~~~but so true!

It's up to you guys! Greenwood is most convenient for us where we'll be staying, but we have to drive anyway, so what's another 10 miles?

Strategy will be to scarff it down as fast as possible then sit and wait. Like CA, I'm a little worried about not having anything to "wash it down".

CA, how does the heat compare to Ghost Fire? Hotter?

edit- double post-

It's up to you guys! Greenwood is most convenient for us where we'll be staying, but we have to drive anyway, so what's another 10 miles?

Strategy will be to scarff it down as fast as possible then sit and wait. Like CA, I'm a little worried about not having anything to "wash it down".

We should neet at the Greenwood location - they may be better than the other location. I can meet at any time, but I'll throw out a location/time: Dec 19th @ 3:00pm at Greenwood location? Does this work for everyone?

Ghost Fire Wings would be excellent! :hell:

SL, if you are talking about your Texas Creek Ghost Fire Sauce, the 7 alarm wing sauce is a little hotter. To me it was as hot as a fresh red habanero with a funky extract flavor. The waitress told me the 7 alarm was made with habaneros and habanero extract (for whatever that is worth). You, S kid, LnF, Dave, RS, Mal, and I can handle the heat of this sauce...no problem. I don't mean to be the proverbial "fly in the ointment", but, Greenwood is about 5 or 6 miles north of Quest Field and the Seahawks will be playing at 1:05pm. If I remember correctly, Wingdome had a bunch of tv's and it may be a popular place to go on game day. I will go to any location, but I just wanted to make sure that was factored in.

I called the Greenwood location to see about making reservations. They do not take reservations, but said that usually for home games, they are not as busy as away games. No problem accommodating a group of 12-15 people.

I'll contact Maligator and see if there is a location that would be better for him. Work schedule might have some bearing on that.

I almost had to back out, but I am back in for Sunday the 19th. I was going to visit a dog breeder that day, but I managed to see one today. I will go to whatever location you all decide, I am in for the 3pm time at Greenwood.

Now for the news on the dog breeder. I just got home from Gresham OR, and I am now the proud owner of a 4½ month old Scottish Terrier. Or am I the one that is owned...... :think:

101_1395.jpg

(edit to add photo....)

Not to worry, Walt, he'll have you trained in no time! ;)

:lol:

(posted in the Drunken Chef thread also)

Practicing for the challenge-
little bit of sauce, 1/2 teaspoon bhut jolokia powder, noodles and it was HOT! Even waited 5 minutes after eating it just to endure the pain. LOL

8db6cd57.jpg

0e7f5fb6.jpg

(posted in the Drunken Chef thread also)

Practicing for the challenge-
little bit of sauce, 1/2 teaspoon bhut jolokia powder, noodles and it was HOT! Even waited 5 minutes after eating it just to endure the pain. LOL

8db6cd57.jpg

0e7f5fb6.jpg
How awesome is that? Bhut Jolokia spaghetti sauce! :hell: Them Wingdome cooks need to learn from you on how to do it right! :lol:

I bailed on the wings and just made some chicken. It was hot enough one of my roomates ate some in the middle of the night and started screaming about what an ass hole I am for making something that hot. Told him thats what he gets for eating food thats not his.

Back