• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

ATTN: Washington- wingdome challenge

My wife and I saw the Greenwood Wingdome, but didn't stop because we were on our way to check out holiday lights in a neighborhood called Olympic Manor.

Have we decided where we're meeting this Sunday? My wife and I are open to what works for everyone.

Well, if y'all are up for it, I'd still like to do the Greenwood location. We want to check out the Ballard farmer's market before the challenge also. Market is open 10-3.

Does anyone want to meet at 2:00 to miss game traffic? or keep it at 3:00?

I told my neighbor, the one who's husband "stole" the chile plants intended for the chiropractor, what we're going to do and she thinks we're nuts. :lol:

2:00 would miss the game traffic. Haven't heard from Maligator yet.

Wow this is tomorrow! I can make 2:00. I am guessing its going to be cool and rainy, should we all meet inside the wing dome?

2pm Sunday, Wing dome Greenwood location, the wife and I will be there!

One note, the greenwood location does not have a parking lot. Parking is on the street, or possibly at a small lot for a catholic church west of Wing dome about 3/4 block away. I have the lat/long coords for the restaurant.

47° 41.169'N
122° 21.306'W

One note, eating chicken on the bone is not something I particularly like, but for this challenge I am setting aside that quirk and going for it. The wife said for that reason alone she is comming, just to see me do something I have always said I wouldn't. :D

What we won't do to get a burn going...... :woohoo:

2:00 we'll be there. Inside is fine.

Walt, from the videos I've seen, they are not too picky about getting all the meat off the bone, so that should help you. John feels the same as you about eating chicken off the bone.

We'll see everyone at 2pm. I wont be participating this time (recovering from health issues) which is a bummer, but I am really excited about the challenge! See everyone there!

The sister called to say she was running late, I however anticipated this and told her to come early. should be there right on time. If for some reason your reading this on a high tech cell phone saying where in the HELL is lazy, I am on my way, 253-906-xxxx if I am late.

Thanks alot for coming everybody, I had a GREAT time and could have hung out all night with you all. Currently my stomach hurts and I can still taste it when I burp. Hopefully that will go away once I eat some food in a bit.

LAZI! You didn't even post results!

Lazinfat and Chileaddict ROCKED THE HOUSE! Conquered the challenge! Way to go mates! :woohoo:

myself,Salsakid and RS67Man/Walt failed!

chileaddict finished first, Lazi was down to the last second trying to lick the sauce off the lettuce, I gagged through 6 wings, Walt got through 4+, and the kid ate 1 1/2.

For myself, the taste was HORRIBLE! This is the first time I've eaten wings of any sort, but the sauce just made me gag too bad. I got about 2 down and then the "uurps" started. The heat was hot, but not insurmountable. I just could not handle the taste. I know, we were warned by both CA and LnF. 'Kid ordered another plate of #2 wings and scarfed them right down. They tasted good.

As we were winding down the get together, I had to leave the restaurant. Just felt like I needed some fresh air....and a place to get rid of what I'd just eaten! Sorry...I know...probably tmi.... It was a really rough evening until the tummy finally settled down. Pepto, seltzer, curling up on the bed, pretty bad shape for a while. Finally, I was able to eat a piece of cheese pizza. ANYTHING to get that taste out of my mouth! :sick: LnF, hope you get to feeling better soon. You know I'm sincere when I say I know how you feel!

Feeling much better now, even good enough to have a glass of wine.

So, aside from the horrible wing sauce, it was GREAT to see everyone again. Missed Maligator, but hopefully he's glad he missed the sauce. We had a great afternoon. Beautiful weather, the Olympic mountains were in view over the sound, and good friends sharing a pint. We had a blast as I knew we would. Can't post pics until I get home tomorrow, but maybe one of the others will post up the video and some pics.

WAY TO GO CA and LNF! YOU ROCK! :dance:

Congratulations to CA and LnF - winners of the 7-Alarm challenge! :cheers: My wife and I had a really great time too hanging out with everyone! I'll post some pics this evening after work. :)

Sorry guys stomach and guts were wrecked from the sauce all night and still a little bit this morning. Took some tums, pepto & drank a gallon of chocolate milk & hung out in my bed for the rest of the night. I would not recommend that challenge to anybody that sauce is HORRIBLE! Thanks Anne & David for the goodies!

Thanks everybody for a wonderful visit! I too had to deal with some pretty bad stomach problems when I got home. I think the sauce had a lot of extract. Thank God I didn't barf and have it recorded on video. Duvall Dave and SL...you guys are so generous and thoughtful to all us WA chileheads, again thank you. Very excellent memories.

Back