• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest August Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm down for anything, but my favorites so far are Italian and Mediterranean.

Italian food varies by region, which would be cool to see.
Seafood, steak, chicken, gnocchi, pasta, cream sauce (wankey!), red sauce, wine...

Alfredo sauce is fancy Italian queso.

I'm still pulling for Spam.

But...

Damn you Sum for putting the Cuban bug in my noggin'!!!!

I keep fantasizing about a Cuban picodillo sloppy joe.

I could also get next to a picodillo and black bean stuffed baked potato topped with sofrito and sour cream.

TB, you remind me more and more of Randy Marsh on the Creme Fresh episode of South Park with every one of these throwdowns. You just get so excited - lol
lmao
hahaha

I like me some cuchifritos food especially pinon (picadillo stuffed sweet plantains) and rellenos de papa (picadillo stuffed fried mashed potato ball).

Not a big fan of the tostones too dry and cakey for me. But I do like plantain chips (like potato chips). Thems good. I get them fresh from a food truck.

What's a tostone?

I love the cuban sammiches. mmmmmm, pork.

I wish we had a food truck with plantain chips - gotta make 'em ourselves or go to a cuban restaurant. :(

Oh, that's what you described. The fried, smashed, fried green plaintains.

I always order them thinking I'm going to like them this time, but never really do.

I am so definitely down with a Cuban TD.
I like the direction this is going!!!!!

Keep salivating!! Let's roll with this mojo for a little while...

lol - you know this is all a bait & switch dude. He'll get us all foaming at the mouth for Cuban TD and come out of left field with an "anchovie, creme fresh, pickled cabbage and Coriander TD"
:rofl:

My favorite Cuban dish, hands down, ropa vieja.

I hear that Scovie's got Fidel on speed dial doing Cuban recipe research.

Scovie's spilling Fidel his entire catalogue of egg recipes.

Thats just what I heard.

I hear ya on that wheez. Kinda like eating a fried chalkboard eraser. A trick is load the up with a vinegary hot sauce but still not my thing.

I get them fresh from a food truck.

I don't believe you.

I hear that Scovie's got Fidel on speed dial doing Cuban recipe research.

Scovie's spilling Fidel his entire catalogue of egg recipes.

Thats just what I heard.

I try calling him, but Raul keeps saying "he's busy", or "he's not feeling so good today".
I ain't fo sho what the sam hell is goin on down there, but someone should do some checkin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back