• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Awesome Pics

Here are some of my fresh pods picked today. Being a first timer this year, I am glad I even got pods.

Chocolate Bhut - seed source 2010 fresh pods from pepper lover
DSC08761.jpg

Douglah - seed source 2010 fresh pods from silver surfer
DSC08762.jpg

Jamaican Hot Chocolate - seed source Refining Fire Chiles
DSC08763.jpg

Bih Jolokia - seed source pepper lover
DSC08764.jpg

Chocolate Habanero - seed source 2010 fresh pods from silver surfer
DSC08765.jpg

Yucatan White Habanero - seed source refining fire chiles
DSC08767.jpg

7 Pod Brain Strain - seed source 2010 fresh pods from silver surfer
DSC08769.jpg

Wow....the colors in some of those photos look ......"Stun-tacular"..........."Where's my RayBans"...?

TS Morouga Blend.just shiny with oil. Touched it sticking the tag in there and wiped sweat out of my eyes, that was the end of the photography for the day.
I have never had a pepper with the oils on the outside unless the skin had been breached. Was/is that a closed pod???? If so those have some serious defenses going on.

I have never had a pepper with the oils on the outside unless the skin had been breached. Was/is that a closed pod???? If so those have some serious defenses going on.

It was a closed pod. That plant in particular was just a monster, seeding a dozen of it's pods would soak through 5-6 layers of newspaper. I got one bagged pod for pure seeds off of it, so if it doesn't overwinter I'll see if it's genes carry on...

So is it a TS Morouga Blend or a cross you made between a TS and a Morouga Red?

It is a TS Morouga Blend. My mistake on the labeling in the picture. I've been experimenting a bit with making crosses but have found out that I'm a bit too ham handed to do it. Trying to get my buddy the surgeon into gardening so I can get his help with the delicate stuff.

Back