BBQ chicken wings!

Any idea's on how to cook these?

I was thinking about putting 7 on my flat pan slather my dr pepper bbq sauce so cook them for 2 hours at 250 degree's then eat?

I think 250 is the minimal that you need to kill all the bacteria correct?

try to get you hands on "Good Eats" season 11 Episode 14 "The Wing and I" Buffalo wings Aired on 30 January 2008 if you have the food network and or a dvr they'll probably replay it any day

It's a matter of taste of course, the only reason why I mentioned Alton (good eats) is because he tells you how to get cripsy skin that wont get mushy with sauce and keeps the meat tender. I think he steams them first or something. Don't quote me on that!

If it is BBQ, and not HOTWINGS you want, grill them!!!

Put some spicy powder and salt on them, grill them until cooked, slather with Dr pepper or whatever your heart desires!

FiveSix said:
try to get you hands on "Good Eats" season 11 Episode 14 "The Wing and I" Buffalo wings Aired on 30 January 2008 if you have the food network and or a dvr they'll probably replay it any day
I'm waving the you tube bat single LOL, I think I may be able to find it on youtube.com

DEFCON Creator said:
Just fry 'em up!
I could do that, because I just want bbq wings not hot wings.

FiveSix said:
It's a matter of taste of course, the only reason why I mentioned Alton (good eats) is because he tells you how to get cripsy skin that wont get mushy with sauce and keeps the meat tender. I think he steams them first or something. Don't quote me on that!
Like I've said its a job for youtube "wwaves you tube bat single LOL"

cheezydemon said:
If it is BBQ, and not HOTWINGS you want, grill them!!!

Put some spicy powder and salt on them, grill them until cooked, slather with Dr pepper or whatever your heart desires!
Yuppers that's pretty much what I want pretty much, but when defcon creator comes into your post you better listen to what he says.

cheezydemon said:
Fried wings are fantastic, but grilled wings can be magic too!
Don't know this is the first time in about 3 years I had wings of any kind.

I tent to stay away from messy foods but as of late I've been really getting into tex-mex and Mexican foods that are messy, Weird huh?

PhatManDerek said:
Don't know this is the first time in about 3 years I had wings of any kind.

:shocked: Huh? :shocked: I go nuts if I go a week without wings!

Cheezy's right grilled wings are great! I smoke them sometimes and then finish them on the grill.

Do you use pimento wood to smoke? I would love to try that, but have never seen any for sale anywhere.

Well you don't own a grill or a smoker right? Shallow fry them in your cast iron skillet until crispy but don't fully cook, take them out, strain them, and place them on a baking sheet. Finish in the oven with spicy BBQ sauce.

thehotpepper.com said:
Well you don't own a grill or a smoker right? Shallow fry them in your cast iron skillet until crispy but don't fully cook, take them out, strain them, and place them on a baking sheet. Finish in the oven with spicy BBQ sauce.
Thanks bro, I do have a grill, but its an electric one!

PhatManDerek said:
Thanks bro, I do have a grill, but its an electric one!
Dude! Don't say that out loud.

Back