• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

BDASPNY’s 2019 GLOG

Last year I did reasonably well and was happy with the results. This year I have much bigger plans.

From humble beginnings...

seeds started so far.
jalapeno(black, jalora, farmers, biker billy, purple)
long thin cayenne
poblano
Halaby
MOA Scotch Bonnet
Big Sun Habanero
TFM Scotch Bonnet
Turkish Cayenne
Aji Golden
Fatalli
Tekne Dolmasi
Chapeau Du Frade
Santa Fe Grande
Pimiento Cristal
Carolina reaper
bhut jolokia
habanada
Melrose
MOSQUETERO HYBRID
BIGGIE CHILE HYBRID
GOLDEN CAYENNE
ROULETTE HYBRID    
SWEET SUNSET HYBRID
PAQUIME HYBRID

4F42DFF4-75E2-4BA2-AD83-D9191F7F605E.jpeg

872122BB-8587-4C40-9401-60F45EBFA1EB.jpeg

ill have to figure out how to rotate this. from my phone with no wifi was a poor choice to try this.
41A07D16-0B02-4DF9-886E-49F6DE7AC941.jpeg

37A10A35-3EAE-4928-BC18-DBF11F447583.jpeg

DWB said:

I hope they do very well with the wind. You didn't tend those babies all year to give up the gravy to a stinkin' hurricane.

absoluely, most of these guys have been around for 9 months and im not ready to let them go.

Mr.joe said:
Those harvests are amazing. Hopefully your plants weather the storm well. A successful season for you even if it ended weeks ago

thank you, been fairly happy this year.  hoping for at least another solid month if the weather holds out. last year i was picking cayenne till thanksgiving. lol
CaneDog said:
Hope it goes well.  Looking forward to seeing those pods in future harvest pics and ferments!
thanks!

funny you mention that im processing my cayenne ferment this week.  it smells incredible.  saw on chili chump and the tobasco video about stirring it up after vinegar. so i borrowed a stir plate from work and trying it out like chili chump did on his youtube video. 

pulp removed
Zq77J9Y.jpg

in the dehydrator for powder, chili season is coming!

jX7cIuG.jpg

Killer year for you Scott!

I have family in Myrtle Beach, and Mom lives less than 200 yds. from the ocean in Murrells Inlet (just below Myrtle Beach), they all say no big deal. Rain yeah, wind, not so bad. Hang tight buddy ;)

Devv said:
Killer year for you Scott!

I have family in Myrtle Beach, and Mom lives less than 200 yds. from the ocean in Murrells Inlet (just below Myrtle Beach), they all say no big deal. Rain yeah, wind, not so bad. Hang tight buddy ;)
Yea they really lucked out but had no idea if it was going to be awful or pass by. The event was still canceled which sucks. First one Ive missed in over a decade.

Thanks ! Its a been a good year. Still hoping for some of the other plants to produce well. We should still have warm weather for another solid month.

does anybody have this problem with AJI limon? ive been fighting to keep them healthy all summer. any switch in temps(either direction) and they wilt immediately.

hAfFPgP.jpg

UXP8jBD.jpg

9J8tlj0.jpg

at the beginning of the season I wanted to be swimming in peppers.  I'm officially wading in them now.

day one of picking.
Sf6cxUj.jpg

qWMvHNY.jpg

BeSqBLy.jpg

day two!

needed another bucket after I filled this one.

Qb7XVrC.jpg

FdIvKkq.jpg

wwc7cdB.jpg

piled up and laid out on a 6 foot long table.

wwc7cdB.jpg

my gf worked her magic

SQGLj8k.jpg

and the money shots.

gH8h6Bk.jpg

SQlTyYx.jpg

1IRbjyz.jpg

RQUaobe.jpg

FbXunzw.jpg

Xi7zEA8.jpg

C9thPgl.jpg

jvmIPef.jpg

Damn dude....I dont know what to do to get peppers like your here in Slovenia. It looks like peppers grow like this only where they originate from. You guys get from 1 plant more than i  get from 5...Anyway.. i hope you will manage to use/sell all of them and have another great year next season.

Congrats on a very successful season! You didn't happen to weigh all of them did you? Looks like a shit-ton. :P

BDASPNY said:

thank you sir!  

hoping one day I can get my plants at least half way to your level. :cool:

You definitely have it going on. So impressive. How often are you picking?

I'm so happy that 'cane didn't goof up the party. If the frost stays away, those plants are gonna work your ass off. You're riding the gravy train now.

Bhuter said:
¡Jesús!

Look at all that shizzzzzzzzz!

Great work! It looks like 2016!!! Lol

You've done a ton of work and should probably have a pepper stand. Lol

NOICE!!!!

ill def sell at the farmers market next year. lol

put a ton of work into and its paying off. :cool:

Petrac said:
Damn dude....I dont know what to do to get peppers like your here in Slovenia. It looks like peppers grow like this only where they originate from. You guys get from 1 plant more than i  get from 5...Anyway.. i hope you will manage to use/sell all of them and have another great year next season.
thanks. :D

weather really plays a part in it.  take a look at my lemon drop plants.  they've looked half dead since june. lol

I just keep on them and try to coerce them into growing.
DownRiver said:
Congrats on a very successful season! You didn't happen to weigh all of them did you? Looks like a shit-ton. :P
thank you, no it never occurred to me to weigh them. ive been going by the gallon. :lol:

DWB said:

You definitely have it going on. So impressive. How often are you picking?

I'm so happy that 'cane didn't goof up the party. If the frost stays away, those plants are gonna work your ass off. You're riding the gravy train now.

yea we got lucky with the hurricane not killing it all.

picking about every three days till the weather changed, now about three times a week or less. growing much slower.   ive got my fingers crossed on good weather but I think the good days are behind me.  now to process and grind what I have.

Mr.joe said:
What an amazing harvest. Well done.
thank you :D

CaneDog said:
Way to TCB BDASPNY!  Your harvest is awesome.  Will be some happy people getting those boxes!
thanks CD   :cool:    I sure hope they are.  I jam packed them full since only a few ordered so far.    now its up to the usps not to screw it up.

lets hope I can do as well with the seeds ill get from you.  cuz those are much more interesting than what ive grown.

Back