• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

BDASPNY’s 2019 GLOG

Last year I did reasonably well and was happy with the results. This year I have much bigger plans.

From humble beginnings...

seeds started so far.
jalapeno(black, jalora, farmers, biker billy, purple)
long thin cayenne
poblano
Halaby
MOA Scotch Bonnet
Big Sun Habanero
TFM Scotch Bonnet
Turkish Cayenne
Aji Golden
Fatalli
Tekne Dolmasi
Chapeau Du Frade
Santa Fe Grande
Pimiento Cristal
Carolina reaper
bhut jolokia
habanada
Melrose
MOSQUETERO HYBRID
BIGGIE CHILE HYBRID
GOLDEN CAYENNE
ROULETTE HYBRID    
SWEET SUNSET HYBRID
PAQUIME HYBRID

4F42DFF4-75E2-4BA2-AD83-D9191F7F605E.jpeg

872122BB-8587-4C40-9401-60F45EBFA1EB.jpeg

ill have to figure out how to rotate this. from my phone with no wifi was a poor choice to try this.
41A07D16-0B02-4DF9-886E-49F6DE7AC941.jpeg

37A10A35-3EAE-4928-BC18-DBF11F447583.jpeg

Im lucky she wants to help during the week cuz after 13+ hour work days, watering, spraying and checking for
Damage is about all I can manage.

Some of the plants are really getting into a good groove some still lacking. Its been a task picking, cutting, drying, pickling and so on. The hard work is starting to pay off.

I got to talk to Trent about those fatalii. Looks like they were surrounded by 7 pots and more. So nature really have them a Boost. Lol

BDASPNY said:
Thanks.

Hoping to have enough sauces to keep me warm all Winter. Lol

Im going to miss not having fresh pods everyday though.

Man, what an awesome pepper garden. I'd love to sit down at big table full of your peppers with a knife and fork and call it seed saving :)

Pepper powder keeps me happy and healthy in between seasons but those few months without a taste of fresh is rough.

DWB said:

Man, what an awesome pepper garden. I'd love to sit down at big table full of your peppers with a knife and fork and call it seed saving :)

Pepper powder keeps me happy and healthy in between seasons but those few months without a taste of fresh is rough.

you're welcome any time if in Virginia to drop by. :cool:

its small time compared to your beautiful plants. I need to focus on more organization and spread them out more.

Saturdays pick.  im running out of counter space to lay them all out for pics and sorting.  still waiting for the papa dreadie and a few others to flower and give me some pods.  theyre being stubborn while the others are on round 10. lol

washing
O0SWwoJ.jpg

y4S6U8c.jpg

CWMqKVI.jpg

sorting

sugar rush cream
drDKOUz.jpg

NQAhtfb.jpg

sunset
5GzkOfr.jpg

habanero
qfEDGnz.jpg

0eNo1If.jpg

bishops crown, these take FOREVER  to ripen, im grown tired of waiting for the 200+ pods to do something.
lEl6NNG.jpg

cnNsRtB.jpg

bs5xlXf.jpg

uwLCTJn.jpg

fjJn2C1.jpg

RmWTw92.jpg

hOyokuP.jpg

aji golden is starting to ripen more than a couple at a time. trying to decide on sauce or powder for them. its by far the most impressive plant in size and pod production.  I ran out of stakes high enough to contain it at 6 foot. im guessing it would make it to 8 foot if I had setup support high enough.
5r7pI1I.jpg

5r7pI1I.jpg

BDASPNY said:
:cool:  thank you.  those are a mix of TFM and MOA  bonnets. still waiting on the papa dreadie to produce as I've only had one so far.
Thanks. Those look really nice.

My MoAs have only just started setting pods.
The Beth Boyds, a little ahead, but the SB7J
has produced only runts.

I need to find a better way  :rofl:

PaulG said:
Thanks. Those look really nice.

My MoAs have only just started setting pods.
The Beth Boyds, a little ahead, but the SB7J
has produced only runts.

I need to find a better way  :rofl:

mine were slow to start, but seem to be making better progress now.

what do your other two look like?

im a little behind on updates. was supposed to be on vacation in myrtle beach for mustang week till hurricane dorian had other ideas.  hoping we only get rain now and my plants survive. so many are thriving and ready for the last push of the season so im hopeful.

my gf picked this but did not take note where it was from.  i didnt plant any choc versions. so its odd.

bpJo1xk.jpg

leDWW7N.jpg

NwffaA2.jpg

only got these evil beauties all season so i decided to make a sauce. went with local plums to add flavor.

xyg8IuL.jpg

npj5XkX.jpg

FJ7HnZu.jpg

BDASPNY said:
pics taken yesterday before the storm. crossing my fingers most make it through.  esp since i have tons of pods not yet ripe.  guess im greedy i want them all to ripen. lol

I hope they do very well with the wind. You didn't tend those babies all year to give up the gravy to a stinkin' hurricane.

Back