• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

BDASPNY’s 2019 GLOG

Last year I did reasonably well and was happy with the results. This year I have much bigger plans.

From humble beginnings...

seeds started so far.
jalapeno(black, jalora, farmers, biker billy, purple)
long thin cayenne
poblano
Halaby
MOA Scotch Bonnet
Big Sun Habanero
TFM Scotch Bonnet
Turkish Cayenne
Aji Golden
Fatalli
Tekne Dolmasi
Chapeau Du Frade
Santa Fe Grande
Pimiento Cristal
Carolina reaper
bhut jolokia
habanada
Melrose
MOSQUETERO HYBRID
BIGGIE CHILE HYBRID
GOLDEN CAYENNE
ROULETTE HYBRID    
SWEET SUNSET HYBRID
PAQUIME HYBRID

4F42DFF4-75E2-4BA2-AD83-D9191F7F605E.jpeg

872122BB-8587-4C40-9401-60F45EBFA1EB.jpeg

ill have to figure out how to rotate this. from my phone with no wifi was a poor choice to try this.
41A07D16-0B02-4DF9-886E-49F6DE7AC941.jpeg

37A10A35-3EAE-4928-BC18-DBF11F447583.jpeg

DownRiver said:
Keep an eye on the weather boys. They're calling for 20F and snow by week's end. :shocked:
:tear:  That'll put a damper on things.

CaneDog said:
It's the daily grind around here too!

I agree. I have about 18 quarts of dried pods,
and am dragging my feet on the grinding operation. 

Be cool if there was a market for dried pods!

duckling.jpg

:shocked:

Holy shi* Scott! I guess the season turned out okay for you eh? Good lord man! Harvest after harvest after harvest! Great shots, loving all the variety. The ferments looked amazing too! Your yard is a straight up pepper jungle man! Are you military crawling through all that to pick these days? I gotta give you props it looks like you're keeping up pretty good with the pod flow nice work! Whats your favorite so far? Pretty crazy that you're still picking how much longer do you think you have? I gotta ask are you tearing up the rest of the yard for more plants next year? Lol. Nice work man, you killed it this season. Swimming in pods definitely became a reality for you!

thanks so much.

I needed to crawl through them at some point. it was so crowded in places I couldn't get in there. lol

I did fairly well. had hoped others would grow better but I got a good amount of every one I planted. I call that a success.

Hey, Scott!  Looks like a Trippaul Threat in the second pic. 
Hope they got a chance to ripen up.

Did you manage more pods? It looked like you caught
some nasty weather.

PaulG said:
Hey, Scott!  Looks like a Trippaul Threat in the second pic. 
Hope they got a chance to ripen up.

Did you manage more pods? It looked like you caught
some nasty weather.
I did get a few pods to ripen before the weather killed them.

This back injury has put me down so I haven’t been able to update. In little over a week I’ll be in for surgery. Hoping to heal up well enough to start seeds for next years grow before it’s too late.

BDASPNY said:
I did get a few pods to ripen before the weather killed them.

This back injury has put me down so I haven’t been able to update. In little over a week I’ll be in for surgery. Hoping to heal up well enough to start seeds for next years grow before it’s too late.

Glad you got a few more pods, Scott. But really sorry
to hear your back is giving you fits. I hope your
surgery is a complete success. Like my dad used
to say, 'Think about how good it will feel when it
quits hurtin'.

BDASPNY said:

Really a bummer that your back is still giving you trouble.  I hope they're able to do something that's a lasting improvement for you.  I know your garden won't be smaller next year and those heavy pod hauls won't be getting any lighter!

PaulG said:

Glad you got a few more pods, Scott. But really sorry
to hear your back is giving you fits. I hope your
surgery is a complete success. Like my dad used
to say, 'Think about how good it will feel when it
quits hurtin'.

+1 on this!  Hope you get to the "quits hurting" stage quickly.  Best feeling in the world when you just suddenly realize one day that the pain is gone.
:thumbsup:

im back!  surgery and recovery went well.  I caught pneumonia a week after, which crushed the rest of my healing progress.   anyway im 90% and ready to get back to living. lol

started my seeds late but thanks to some great guys on here I have plenty unique and new ones to try growing. ill start a 2020 thread in a few days.

I see lots I need to catch up on.

Back