• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

BDASPNY'S 2020 GLOG

due to illness and surgery im behind schedule. but happy to say ive got a bunch of plants rolling now and more on the way! ive got a dozen or so I over wintered that will give me a head start in the spring.

IAyyzak.jpg

9L22HLi.jpg

CwBYlz9.jpg

vX0cyjw.jpg

N11d8ZE.jpg

InxQ5Yl.jpg

E0L2PH3.jpg

g4Cw7Pl.jpg

Bdvuz5Y.jpg

BDASPNY said:
thanks! 

im not sure which direction on the compass. I just picked the easiest spot to develop with the most consistent sun. now if the neighbor would trim his 100 year old oak id have a little more sun. lol

It looks in the pictures like it gets good sun.  like If there's a bright side to the tree, maybe you can use the shade strategically for your rocotos.

CaneDog said:

It looks in the pictures like it gets good sun.  like If there's a bright side to the tree, maybe you can use the shade strategically for your rocotos.

the space closest to the swing set gets the least amount of sun. still direct for a few hours but not all day like the rest.  that's where I planned on putting them.  that's if I can get them big enough to go in the ground.  might have to pot them up and wait till next year as tiny as they are currently.

PaulG said:
You are developing quite the spread, Scott!

Can’t wait to see those plots full of green!
thanks!

you and me both! im ready for fresh pods!

PtMD989 said:
And just think, less lawn to mow[emoji16][emoji106].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
that's a huge benefit!  I wanted to expand more but my gf gave me some bullshit about its even with the lines of the swingset. :rolleyes:   I wanted to make it 6-8 foot wider. I have the space and plants for it.

That's a fair amount of garden space, Scott.
That compost will make for a great garden
this season.

I know what you mean about some plants just
sitting there. Happens to me too. It's like some
cells or flats are just jinxed. I can never figure
out why that happens.

On the other hand, you have some great looking
plants. When those stragglers catch up, you will
have a boat-load to plant out!

PaulG said:
That's a fair amount of garden space, Scott.
That compost will make for a great garden
this season.

I know what you mean about some plants just
sitting there. Happens to me too. It's like some
cells or flats are just jinxed. I can never figure
out why that happens.

On the other hand, you have some great looking
plants. When those stragglers catch up, you will
have a boat-load to plant out!
I just wish they'd perk up or they wont be ready in time to go in the ground.

its going to a chore getting all these into the ground for sure.   im hoping the compost encourages growth.

I really wanted to expand. we'll see how it goes.

Devv said:
Plot is happy now! When is dirt day?

You have quite a few plants there buddy, you gonna be busy!
hoping to start plant out first weekend of may.

BDASPNY said:

I just wish they'd perk up or they wont be ready in time to go in the ground.
A little sun will probably do them a world of good!

its going to a chore getting all these into the ground for sure.  
I really wanted to expand. we'll see how it goes.
Sometimes you get what you wish for, Scott  :rofl:

Good luck with that little chore!

Devv said:
Hopefully that's it for the low 40's, but, this year has been weird for us so far. We're still getting howling cold fronts...
its been weird here as well. I cant remember seeing 70s-80 in march before, def not this many times.

im hoping the cold is behind us so I can get these plants hardened off and in the ground.

BDASPNY said:
its been weird here as well. I cant remember seeing 70s-80 in march before, def not this many times.

im hoping the cold is behind us so I can get these plants hardened off and in the ground.

Looks like the cold may be behind us here in VA but hang on to your plants tonight.  Supposed to have a front coming through with high winds and up to 2 1/2" of rain.  I brought all of my plants back in.  I wonder how many ants and aphids and spiders and what not's came in with them!!!  The wife may kick me and the plants out!! :violin:

Back