• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

BDASPNY'S 2020 GLOG

due to illness and surgery im behind schedule. but happy to say ive got a bunch of plants rolling now and more on the way! ive got a dozen or so I over wintered that will give me a head start in the spring.

IAyyzak.jpg

9L22HLi.jpg

CwBYlz9.jpg

vX0cyjw.jpg

N11d8ZE.jpg

InxQ5Yl.jpg

E0L2PH3.jpg

g4Cw7Pl.jpg

Bdvuz5Y.jpg

Tybo said:

Looks like the cold may be behind us here in VA but hang on to your plants tonight.  Supposed to have a front coming through with high winds and up to 2 1/2" of rain.  I brought all of my plants back in.  I wonder how many ants and aphids and spiders and what not's came in with them!!!  The wife may kick me and the plants out!! :violin:
hopefully they didn't attract too many pests.

Devv said:
Today was yet another crazy windy day here, and it all slides East...

What we need is rain, really now Mother Nature, don't forget us here. ;)
if I could id send you some of the rain we've been getting. 

They may be a little smaller, but the plants
look great out in the sun, Scott. Pods from
the Hanbanada! Wow!

You have a lot of plants, brother!

Lovin' that patch o' purple!

PaulG said:
They may be a little smaller, but the plants
look great out in the sun, Scott. Pods from
the Hanbanada! Wow!

You have a lot of plants, brother!

Lovin' that patch o' purple!
I appreciate the kind words.   crossing my fingers and hoping some of the tiny ones start to take off.   the over winter ones are ready for the dirt! already picked a few random pods from them.

the habanada really wants to produce badly. its had blooms for a couple months now but the right conditions.

another short update. I got the plants hardened off and with the help of my gf, we got about 3/4 of the plants in the ground.

lZYamwF.jpg

QIhjDqQ.jpg

six or so of these went in the ground.

tg4e2RT.jpg

Paul, this are some of the extra tomato plants I grew from your seeds. thanks again! I gave away some and I'm going to find some more space for some of these. I've got six of them already planted.

cZ3DJmj.jpg

dtq6D17.jpg

reapers ready to go.

F0qm1jC.jpg

hXFq2l1.jpg

umbrella set up to minimize the sunburn on my redheaded gf.

Cf9PoKp.jpg

potato's happily growing in buckets. 

ncgtNwx.jpg

pxJxIzX.jpg

close to 50 plants of various types still need to be planted. some are prob still too small.  I have them out front getting sun.

Hey, Scott, that will be a sea of green before
too long! Glad the tomatoes are doing it for
you, they look great. Also happy to see those
purples looking so good!

Good luck finishing off your plant-out, my friend.

Kudos to GF for helping out!

PaulG said:
Hey, Scott, that will be a sea of green before
too long! Glad the tomatoes are doing it for
you, they look great. Also happy to see those
purples looking so good!

Good luck finishing off your plant-out, my friend.

Kudos to GF for helping out!
thank you for the encouraging words.  I'm trying to do my best growing out what you've sent.  I cant wait for some fresh salsa!

the weather turned ugly again on Monday. its been raining everyday since and much cooler.  hoping none of the plants die.

Seems like the weather always goes a bit sideways as soon as the plants hit the ground. I hope it doesn't get too bad for you. Overall the grow area looks good it will be fun to watch it transform into a mini forest in the coming months

Mr.joe said:
Seems like the weather always goes a bit sideways as soon as the plants hit the ground. I hope it doesn't get too bad for you. Overall the grow area looks good it will be fun to watch it transform into a mini forest in the coming months
thanks!  yea the weather has a way of going nuts right after you've done a lot of work. 

if it grows as well as last year ill be happy.

finally got everything planted that could be. weed barrier and mulch done.  now its time to water and wait for them to grow.

before mulch

ncgtNwx.jpg

pxJxIzX.jpg

after

Gdmkzlq.jpg

F5Eu3s6.jpg

cR2yMD8.jpg

Lntk4OI.jpg

pz9ORnu.jpg

DQyE9cK.jpg

tu3pwUN.jpg

46zIeMr.jpg

managed to get a few rocoto to grow. I put one in the ground and all the rest in pots so I can easily over winter them for a head start next year.
vezK0tm.jpg

XED1tCi.jpg

the red rocoto seems to be happier in the pot than the other in the ground.
VX7pdKG.jpg

nFM1i68.jpg

the potatoes are growing well.
w76bFH0.jpg

All those garden spaces look great, Scott!

I remember from last couple of seasons how
they will look like as Summer rolls on, so
stand back!

Cheers :cheers:   for a great season!

Mr.joe said:
All is looking good. If all goes well those plants will completely grow into each other and make an impenetrable hedge.
I've never grown potatoes, but they are on mmt list of things to try... soon

this is my first year growing potato's. ill let you know how it goes. I know the plants are huge and grow faster than tomato's!

Back