• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

BDASPNY'S 2020 GLOG

due to illness and surgery im behind schedule. but happy to say ive got a bunch of plants rolling now and more on the way! ive got a dozen or so I over wintered that will give me a head start in the spring.

IAyyzak.jpg

9L22HLi.jpg

CwBYlz9.jpg

vX0cyjw.jpg

N11d8ZE.jpg

InxQ5Yl.jpg

E0L2PH3.jpg

g4Cw7Pl.jpg

Bdvuz5Y.jpg

Bookers said:
Im getting lots of buds here and there. Aphids didn't help! Toooo many to deal with that's why they went out... cheers happy growing!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
aphids are the devil!  glad to hear your plants are recovering.

lespaulde said:
Great work, that was a heroic effort getting all those plants in the ground and mulched, well done! Will be interesting to see how insanely it's grown in a month or so!

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk
thanks!  it was a huge chore thankfully I had some help. 

I watered them yesterday I can finally see some growth. if im lucky they'll catch up and ill still have a good season.

while trying to get a picture of my first ever red rocoto bloom I found the dreaded aphids hiding underneath.  so I sprayed the entire garden. prob will do that several days this week to eliminate a real problem.

red rocoto

bXTM4bT.jpg

jdlYx1f.jpg

uz08K3Z.jpg

I murdered these on sight!
i5nt1z3.jpg

everybody is growing well.  here's a few random pics.

tomato seeds I got from Paul are growing well.  im pleased to say
3dgVyQ7.jpg

IIjKGj6.jpg

if1BCj9.jpg

these pretty ladies are coming along nicely.
oHlSJKq.jpg

reapers

4AKFi1W.jpg

potato's
w76bFH0.jpg

a cross from CD is growing well. I have three of them, this is the best looking one.
cMydlq4.jpg

dragonsfire said:
Garden looks great :)
thanks!
DownRiver said:
Garden is looking great Scott!

Where's the okra? lol
thanks!

I didn't get pics of it but  the back row left to right is all okra. :cool:   ill try to get  some pics of it next time. their growth is kinda funny. you can set a graph on which end gets more sun time.                                                                                                     

Looks you might have nipped the aphid
onslaught in the bud, Scott!

Those Siletz tomatoes will top out those
cages in a month or two!

Looks like a triple fork on CD's cross.
More nodes for pods!

the whole grow looks good, Scott. Pretty
soon you will be able to hide behind all
that growth!

Wow!  The garden's in really great shape.  It appears the plants have settled in quickly and are doing well!  And good luck with the aphids; hopefully nature will lend you a hand with controlling them.

Looks like the TDxJZ will have put on some good size before it starts producing.  That bodes well for solid production.

PaulG said:
Looks you might have nipped the aphid
onslaught in the bud, Scott!

Those Siletz tomatoes will top out those
cages in a month or two!

Looks like a triple fork on CD's cross.
More nodes for pods!

the whole grow looks good, Scott. Pretty
soon you will be able to hide behind all
that growth!
thank you!  now you're making me think I should of opted for taller cages. :lol:  im ready for some fresh tomato's I can already taste the salsa!
the plants are doing well. im trying to stay ahead of the aphids, don't want them to ruin all that hard work.

I want to say the red rocoto seeds came from you as well.  that one is growing really well. the plan is to over winter them and put into bigger pots next year.

CaneDog said:
Wow!  The garden's in really great shape.  It appears the plants have settled in quickly and are doing well!  And good luck with the aphids; hopefully nature will lend you a hand with controlling them.

Looks like the TDxJZ will have put on some good size before it starts producing.  That bodes well for solid production.
thank you!   they're a lot happier in the ground and growing steadily.

im hoping your cross grows big and proud. I gave them a front row seed on the jalapeno rows.

Looking good Scott!

You're going to have more peppers than the law allows ;)
Those maters, I have to stake them with 4' 3/8" rebar. They grow out of the cage, and then a little storm comes and they want to fall over. They get so heavy the cages bend.

Carry on sir!

PaulG said:
If the Red Rocoto performs according to past
generations, you should have some nice, big
stuffing pods!
that's what im hoping for.  ive never had these so im looking forward to trying them.

Devv said:
Looking good Scott!

You're going to have more peppers than the law allows ;)
Those maters, I have to stake them with 4' 3/8" rebar. They grow out of the cage, and then a little storm comes and they want to fall over. They get so heavy the cages bend.

Carry on sir!
now that's an idea. I may have to look into trying that. id hate to lose any after getting to that growth point.

went on vacation in Kentucky for 10 days. happy to say my sister watered the garden and nothing died.  still growing and moving forward.

GSU9zhx.jpg

dAm0xnc.jpg

ZLpxu1A.jpg

9qj4iCT.jpg

cmeZQej.jpg

1bHZCT3.jpg

T8LhzM1.jpg

this trippaul was planted in Kentucky.
9Er20cM.jpg

l2u0MbD.jpg

found this odd growth. seems to be a bleeding mushroom? yikes!   anybody seen this before?
Z5OUKqE.jpg

fB6KiXl.jpg

2YFFLwl.jpg

6jsthNO.jpg

Garden is looking good Scott! Those stepping stones are slowly disappearing into the rapidly growing jungle.

Your "growth" is Dog Barf. No...really...it's a thing, lol. aka Fuligo septica.

DownRiver said:
Garden is looking good Scott! Those stepping stones are slowly disappearing into the rapidly growing jungle.

Your "growth" is Dog Barf. No...really...it's a thing, lol. aka Fuligo septica.
thanks!

oh man that sounds gross. :lol:   do I need to remove it?

Back