• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Beans Thread

I didnt see a thread specific so i thought their might be an interest.

Baked Beans

Great White Canadian Beans 1L dry
Dried Tomato and Red Peppers 3 tbsp
Smoked Paprika 2 tbsp
Chipotle
Fancy Molasses 1/4cup
Seasoning mix
Turmeric 1/2tbsp
Salt

Pressure cooked beans 20min, Slow cooked combined ingredients in crock pot overnight.

After a week of aging the first thing to hit the taste buds was the smoke flavor was great.
Mixed in some Gouda pieces when I heated it up and put on Toasted German Rye bread.

P1100706_BakedBeans-1500_zpsdqsdqzkq.jpg

P1100687_BakedBeans-1000_zps3jg9oqpb.jpg

This damn thread had me craving ham and beans. soooooo

Great Whites are soaking atm. Im gunna try adding some diced jalapeno this time but other wise it will be pretty much a classic ham and beans. Onion and celery for the "sofrito". Maybe some seasoning type chinense. I would have used some Peruano beans but i already had 2 partial bags of GWNs i need to use up.

The stock base is simmering now with the ham bone and sofrito in it. I cant seem to get away from the panca paste. It goes so damn good with beans. I browned the ham first in some chicken fat from baking some chicken thighs. The ham was rather lean and its what i had on hand fresh. Removed the ham pieces then softened the onion, celery and just bit of spice before adding the stock. Gunna add the beans in about an hour with additional stock as needed.

So glad this thread had not died. Here is my Cuban black beans with a twist. I start with 1 lbs of dry black beans, homemade sofrito, 2 heaping tbs of cumin, oregano and ground coriander, 1 large onion 5 cloves of garlic, 3 cp of water in a crock pot on low for 6 hrs or till I come back from church I then I hrow in in water beef bones I have starred in my freezer. And off course pig feet. Another 6 hrs or and we are in. The kick is 3 dry smoked jalapeño and 1 jolokias. Yup,ummmm

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    213.6 KB · Views: 57
ShowMeDaSauce said:
Refried beans seasoned with aji panca and Aleppo powder blend. A little bacon crumbles some cheez and a splash of some Marie Sharps smoked hab sauce i doctored up with bonnets.
OFK946Y.jpg

Boom 'Cuase who doesn't like bacon! I think of only 2 people and may a third.
Hitler, Stalin and wait for it'!!! yes UBL the son of a bs$);h killed my best friend. F.$&k hope the shark rolled him in fish bacon and served as a biach

Got some chickpeas soaking. My brother has a thing for chickpeas and wants a curry. Not quite a chana masala. More like a dal makhani (creamy restaurant style). Need to bang around some ideas but cream, butter and coconut cream powder look promising. Just enough tomato for some bite. Might try Aleppo for the heat since i will be using vadouvan and garam masala.

I really like ground cashews in it but i dont have any. Might need to make a quick run to the store. I need to go out later today for a few minutes anyway. Spinach added sounded good too.

I got 5lbs of pork riblets thawing atm. Gunna toss some of them suckers on the smoker for maybe 2 hours. Just enough to get them a little smokey.

Several links of Green Ridge Black Forrest smoked sausage or some Fresh Thyme andouille i will cook with the ribs.

Using canned black beans cause my lazy ass is out of dried.

Nice big onion and garlic

Chicken bone broth

1-2 dried bonnets
Several dried Trinidad perfume
Cumin seed
Coriander seed
Couple tbs of black lentil

Grind all that sheet up into a powda for seasoning. Maybe a little aji panca powda too.

Take that smoked meat and simmer till it starts to get tendah. Toss in some S&W black beans

TO BE CONTINUED....probably not till tomorrow.

2 tsp coriander seed
1 heaping tsp cumin seed
1 dried bonnet
About 10 dried Trinidad Perfume
2 tbs black lentils
2 bay leaves
2 tsp aji panca powder
hb8t7DH.jpg

tao17cJ.jpg

K9gJscG.jpg

Pork is lightly seasoned with salt, black pepper and Kirkland no salt seasoning. Letting it rest a little while before firing up the smoker. That is maybe 3lbs of the 5lb pack from Smithfield.
iDOM0mT.jpg

The Green Ridge Farm smoked snausages. :D
6NChbJd.jpg

Back