beer and Habs

rainbowberry said:
I think Guinness is an acquired taste but it's very popular. I like that way you said 'How dare you' to Stillmanz Omri even though both Stillmanz and I said the same thing ;)
What kind of husband would I be if I'll raise my (virtual) voice over beer? :lol:
Also I think by now he knows when I'm kidding, but not so sure about you.

Omri said:
How dare you?! sure it's not the best beer, but it's pretty damn good! it's more available, too.

What you call guinness is only one of 18 frigging varieties that the cowards call guinness. It is more that than the bland lack of taste that pisses me off. What is the ABV there? Ours is like 3.5%....half of the abv of the original recipe. WTF?

We do get Guinness EXTRA, which is a lot better.

( I will admit that it makes one hell of a good beef stew though!)

cheezydemon said:
What you call guinness is only one of 18 frigging varieties that the cowards call guinness. It is more that than the bland lack of taste that pisses me off. What is the ABV there? Ours is like 3.5%....half of the abv of the original recipe. WTF?

We do get Guinness EXTRA, which is a lot better.

( I will admit that it makes one hell of a good beef stew though!)
I think normal is 4% or 5%, but there's a 7%+ version. tap only, though.

RB, just the way it should be.

I'm a big fan of stouts, but I can just barely drink Guinness. It's like someone poured water into an mediocre stout. In fairness, I work with a guy who travels to Ireland, and he says it's 100x better there. I'll have to take his word for it.

Me? A man such as myself? When I feel like a stout I'm either reaching for a Sam Smith Oatmeal or a Jeffersons Reserve Bourbon Barrel... Heavenly!!!

Gah, I don't know how it's like over there, but I like the one here.
Better than all the locals and most imports. it's also everywhere, so you don't have to look for it. a pretty damn good drink!

I thought Guinness over here (UK) was about the same ABV whether in cans or draught but seems to be higher if you get it in bottles.

Why did they do this to us? Why didn't they just go with the best one?

It really bothers me. Chimay, Youngs, Sam Smith's....indeed I don't really need Guinness to be good.

cheezydemon said:
Why did they do this to us? Why didn't they just go with the best one?

It really bothers me. Chimay, Youngs, Sam Smith's....indeed I don't really need Guinness to be good.

Chimay... MMMMmmmmmmm...

Does anyone like Murphys? I like the chocolate-ie taste.

i too like the murpheys the stout. my neighbor has a liquor store and my friend works for another one and both have a sort of competing beer collection. it's getting great i just sit in the beer aisle contemplating.

thanx all!!

I really appreciate everyone's advice . It'll take me awhile to taste all of your suggestions people. I sure have a GOOD TIME ahead of me. Think a long weekend should get me in a least a dozen samples...ya think!! Well thank you ALL again for taking the time to reply!! later cRAYZy....:cheers::party:

I prefer Murphy's to Guinness. My black lab's named after it, I wanted to call him Guinness but he didn't have a white top, so he was called Murphy and he has a very Irish surname to go with it.

rainbowberry said:
I prefer Murphy's to Guinness. My black lab's named after it, I wanted to call him Guinness but he didn't have a white top, so he was called Murphy and he has a very Irish surname to go with it.
Rainbowbeery? :lol:

rainbowberry said:
Romi how bad is that when I name my dog after a beer? Honestly I'm not a female version of IGG
To be honest I like you even more.
The big question is; DO YOU LIKE PIE?

I'll ignore the 'Romi' part.
:lol:

Back