Beer Here

image.jpeg

Brewdown beer.

grantmichaels said:
Wheebz ... he's very much looking forward to critiquing my beer ... I know because he told me again yesterday, LOL ...
He knows you have put the time into learning and I am sure he will be pretty happy with your beers. You are taking the time to learn and know why you get the results you get when you brew a beer. I am just following recipes and not really knowing what causes different results in the final beer. This last beer I brewed is clearly different when compared to my earlier brews and I am pretty sure it is the yeast.

Well, yeah, it was a saison yeast, right? ... should be a little bit peppery, bitey ...

I think he's trying to decide if I have the 'right' to be so critical of other beer, to be honest ...

As for my beer, I've had a few that were consistently good (Red-Eye, Darkness Everybody, and Miyagi Stout (for 3-4 months)), and a few that have been good only for periods of their time in service ...

Zorg was good at first, but when the Galaxy faded from the dry-hopping and left behind the wheat/Zythos - not good.

Miyagi was great for like 3 months, but then the main flavor add faded and it wasn't just good ...

Wild in the Sacch was beautiful, but it was really short lived, as the dry-hops faded, what was left was meh ...

Bhut stout was thick and a mixture of spicy/sweet for months, but it settled into being great ... right now, it's very tasty ...

The kits don't count per se, but the Chocolate Maple Porter was good, and so was the Grapefruit Honey Ale ...

The Mulberara looked like it was going to be something special, now it's about as bad as the Charliewine ... another huge beer that once the hops faded over months, ended up cloying ...

I think the Mulberara was closest to a black barleywine in grain bill, and honestly, I've been beaten twice on barleywine's ...

I will have to try again in the future, with an effort to dry them out with more sugar, and more hops, and for all beers - a better job of managing oxidation (light and O2) on the post-fermentation transfers ...

If you make something that's going to take a long time to condition, you have to treat it carefuly ... now I know.

The other beer is XXX - Mild ... that beer is fine, it's clean and all, it just bores me to know end ...

I did a nice job on Wheebz saison in the beginning too, that beer held up perfectly in the keg for the longest time of all beers, I only wish it had a little bit more in terms of flavors ... it was like my sixth beer, though, so at the time I couldn't handle my brewing being more complicated ... the Pacifica was really nice in that one, though, and I'll rebrew that fucter again with the oats, floor-malted Bohemian pils, and the same yeast (WLP566) and hops (Pacifica), but get some rose-hips or cardamom or szechuan peppers or something in there too ...

All coming up ...

I'd like to have full freezers again by my birthday, end of July ...

Anyone can be critical about anything....we all have different tastes....but I understand what you mean.

I look forward to brewing Wheebz porter again and even my Pliny clone that wasn't, but there are a frw other things I want to try first. The process and turn around time is the one thing I dislike about brewing. But the end product is worth it. There is an Orange Kolsch that I want to brew since my carboy is empty, but between communion parties, mothers day, my daughters birthday and pepper plant out there is just no time.

tctenten said:
Anyone can be critical about anything....we all have different tastes....but I understand what you mean.

I look forward to brewing Wheebz porter again and even my Pliny clone that wasn't, but there are a frw other things I want to try first. The process and turn around time is the one thing I dislike about brewing. But the end product is worth it. There is an Orange Kolsch that I want to brew since my carboy is empty, but between communion parties, mothers day, my daughters birthday and pepper plant out there is just no time.

I think you are a future PicoBrew customer, truth be told.

You can make a pretty big beer in it, but not quite big enough for me.

PicoBrew got a lot of things correct.

tctenten said:
Pretty cool concept. Might be one to keep an eye on the reviews after it's release.

It's been released for years already ...

I first posted about it years ago.

Plenty of the folks over at The Brewing Network are using them, many quite successfully ...

If I didn't truly like massive beer, and kind of enjoy doing things the hard way if you will, I would use one myself ...

Ozzy2001 said:
I don't think I would like that. I like the process and doing all the stuff.

I agree, but I didn't rec it to you ;)

tctenten said:
Pretty cool concept. Might be one to keep an eye on the reviews after it's release.

And, Annie Johnson is working for them these days, so it's getting better and better, I think ...

https://twitter.com/Buffalowing

She's cool as f**k, and a bad-ass homebrewer ...

grantmichaels said:
It's been released for years already ...

I first posted about it years ago.

Plenty of the folks over at The Brewing Network are using them, many quite successfully ...

If I didn't truly like massive beer, and kind of enjoy doing things the hard way if you will, I would use one myself ...

I agree, but I didn't rec it to you ;)

And, Annie Johnson is working for them these days, so it's getting better and better, I think ...

https://twitter.com/Buffalowing

She's cool as f**k, and a bad-ass homebrewer ...
I know you are right, but what I was looking at said it was a kickstarter with July 16 delivery. Newer model maybe? I do not mind doing things the hard way....with me it is all about the time commitment. I get home from work between 6/6:30 and I go to bed 10:30/11....tough to fit a brew in. I certainly could do it, but then I will be a cranky little bitch at work...which is only slightly worse than normal.

Ozzy did you ship yet?

The PB delivers on the automated brewing that my system didn't.

You can tell it when to start, and it'll start and finish up right before you get home.

It's cool as fuck. I would like one ...

Back