Beer Here

grantmichaels said:

I'm a PBW guy ...

Wheebz doesn't clean his except water, I think ...

What about the picnic tap and that hose?  Is the best way to take it apart and clean it?

tctenten said:

What about the picnic tap and that hose?  Is the best way to take it apart and clean it?

I often run hot water through mine, or sometimes (once) I hooked them up to the pond pump and recirculated PBW through them all ...

I will be doing that again in the near future ...

grantmichaels said:

I often run hot water through mine, or sometimes (once) I hooked them up to the pond pump and recirculated PBW through them all ...

I will be doing that again in the near future ...

I just disconnected the ends and was doing that.  I will then run sanitizer through them when I an ready to use them again.   

So many threads to catch up on.  Glad you liked the beer, looks like you have been going leaps and bounds, nice work TC.  I have an ambitious spreadsheet of brewing to do myself starting next month

If I need to clean out a keg, like there is sediment and stuff, I basically soak some caustic and 150 degree water in there for like 15 minutes, or PBW works, rinse it out, and dump in a touch of iodophor and mix that around then rinse that out

Usually i have no sediment in my kegs because all my stuff is fined pre-keg, so if thats the case its hot water, cold water+iodophor, swish it around, rinse it out, purge, and fill

image.jpeg

Wheebz Porter is bottled and done.

OG 1.075
FG 1.02
ABV 7.3
Attenuation 71.9

Nice! I just kegged the imp stout and the Blackberry wit. They're carbing now, and I'll try them out when we get back from the finals swim meet tonight. I took a little taste of the wit and its pretty tasty. Can't wait to do a side by side with the Blue moon wit.

Sixpoints has one out now that has a coffee element ... it's there, but not there, if you know what i mean ... good shit ...

I might end up cracking open a Last Snow tonight, because the Plum Noir and Mokah ST's are whatever the polar opposite of 'it's there, but it's not there is' lol ...

I saw you posted some nice bottles though ...

Back