contest BEGIN! Bayou Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, it's just standard fair at my house. :)
You just called yours fair :P hehe.

You mean fare. And yes, it was tasty looking. This simple dish could rise from the clutter for the win.

SoFlo getting in late in the cajun action. Some great looking dishes so far! Throwin' out the teaser...

IMG_2958.jpg

Finale mayhem to be posted shortly.

Oh a posse! Ya'll will have to fight over the crown if it wins :lol:

You posted the same thing as frydad4 lol. I've deleted that post.

Yes, thank you THP. It was quite the embarrassment over here. Had to pound a High Life Light tall boy for that folly. I don't know how that's going to solve anything this eve.

Sum

:woohoo:

I'm almost done. Hoping I can get it in under the wire. The hacienda is smelling fantastic at the moment. I am a mess drooling over my stove. I think, I'll find some beer since I took the advice of geeme, even if she was a bad influence over me, and took the night off from work. :D

I'm almost done. Hoping I can get it in under the wire. The hacienda is smelling fantastic at the moment. I am a mess drooling over my stove. I think, I'll find some beer since I took the advice of geeme, even if she was a bad influence over me, and took the night off from work. :D

Can't wait!!

I tried hard to find Abita....but it seems to be hard to find in this here parts...

Heres my first teaser, this is my trinity +1 cooking down , the +1 is a scorpion chopped up in there with it, I let this all cookdown for about an hour to hour and a half, until all the veggies look the same and its ones nice mushy consistancy :)

trinity1.jpg

next teaser is just a pic of some fresh Andouille

andouille1.jpg

It's KILLING ME to be working this weekend - aaaaaaaaarrrrgh! But my best to you all!

And Brian, honey:

BRING IT!!!
:hell:

geeme conned you into playing hookie and she's not playing :eek: (sounds like geeme values money and a livelyhood more than THP) :crazy:

Some in process shots:

The trinity with the seasonings -

P1020204.jpg

Adding the tomatoes -

P1020206.jpg

Creole (enchalada) sauce -

P1020208.jpg

The andouille and shrimp -

P1020212.jpg

Finished enchalada stuffing (andouille, shrimp, rice, garlic, tomatoe, etc)-

P1020221.jpg

Grilling the corn (notice the snow) -

P1020210.jpg

Corn salsa chopped ingredients -

P1020215.jpg

Finished corn salsa -

P1020217.jpg

Will post a few more action shots when I fry the tortillas brushed with Cappy's Brain Strain Sauce - then the final plating.

Heres my first teaser, this is my trinity +1 cooking down , the +1 is a scorpion chopped up in there with it, I let this all cookdown for about an hour to hour and a half, until all the veggies look the same and its ones nice mushy consistancy :)

trinity1.jpg

next teaser is just a pic of some fresh Andouille

andouille1.jpg

Don't cook all the textures outta your veggies, WM!!

Don't cook all the textures outta your veggies, WM!!

No worrys Paul, I'm tellin ya the true cajun way for cooking down the trinity for a gumbo or jambalaya is to cook it down until you cant tell one veggie from the other, it blends into an awesomeness of flavor , now for other dishes you dont want to that.

No worrys Paul, I'm tellin ya the true cajun way for cooking down the trinity for a gumbo or jambalaya is to cook it down until you cant tell one veggie from the other, it blends into an awesomeness of flavor , now for other dishes you dont want to that.

I'm hip...I'm hip!!

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back