contest BEGIN! Bayou Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
logchief my man you need a close-up! I just realized what you made. Étouffée stuffed deep-fried mirlitons! Hard to see.

Yeah THP, but it's too late and you wouldn't want a close up of it today. I should have done a couple of pics plating it up, it was damn tasty though. The hush puppies with the andouille were killer.

Spock.jpg

Well stated, Paulky - Everyone's dishes are total winners! I wish I could visit everyone and sit down for dinner with all you brilliant chefs! I can't wait to see what the others come up with :dance:

Yeah THP, but it's too late and you wouldn't want a close up of it today. I should have done a couple of pics plating it up, it was damn tasty though. The hush puppies with the andouille were killer.
I've seen stuffed mirlitons (chayote) before but more like stuffed peppers, and not deep fried. Those deep fried bowls of goodness look awesome (you have to look close lol). Did you come up with that? Either way... slammin'! And the hush puppies are creative too. Flavors sound awesome.

I forgot to put the proof of life in my teasers so I'm skipping straight to the dish!

Shrimp Creole

shrimpcreole.jpg

Started with the trinity
then tomatoes diced and pureed
added bay leaf, garlic, salt, cayenne, thyme, parsley, salt
then the shrimps go in.
Put rice on a dish and fashion a hole in the center.
Pour dish into the hole.
Finished the plating with with Christmas colors--red and green Thai hots diced and sprinkled on.

Hot Stuff that is an absolutely delicious lookin bowl of goodness, as paulky said, straight and to the point. I gotta try that one

...some mighty fine vittles hittin' da table right ders I'm tellin' you!

*runs to fridge to eat 2nd bowl of gumbo this morning* :dance:

Well stated, Paulky - Everyone's dishes are total winners! I wish I could visit everyone and sit down for dinner with all you brilliant chefs! I can't wait to see what the others come up with :dance:

+1 Dave. This is gonna be a tough SOB vote, the goodness just keeps on flowing and we ain't done yet. :cheers:

I Failed. Not sure what happened, I just went to load up pics and this is all I got.

P1000781.jpg

P1000784.jpg

P1000785.jpg

I am spewin, tasted great looked the businesses, what happened to my pics????????? going to take my SD card to work and hope I can retrieve something.

HotStuff - WOWZA!!! Lookin' mighty tasty there!

Joey - falweti8 uAPE4NILKH RE TILYAHSWLKUR TAEJR. (Translation: it will totally SUCK if you can't get your pics posted!) But hey, one good turn deserves another - just make it again!!!

I Failed. Not sure what happened, I just went to load up pics and this is all I got.

I am spewin, tasted great looked the businesses, what happened to my pics????????? going to take my SD card to work and hope I can retrieve something.
You makin' jambalaya?

I know how you feel, except my failure last month wasn't technical, no one to blame but me for missing the posting deadline by minutes.

WOW!!! :shocked: :drooling: You all have me drooling in my morning coffee :lol:

However, after seeing everyone's posts, I think I might sit this out. I mean how on earth can I compete with all of this greatness. Paulky, even if I enter, I think I would be voting for you and not my own dish. :lol:

TB, you and Paulky really have a tie in my opinion. Like you said, I'd push grandma down the stairs in her wheelchair to get at your plate of goodness.

Hot Stuff, WTF??? Did you somehow sneak in my house yesterday and steal my ideas I had written down? :rofl: Looks great and I just hope mine turns out looking as good as yours.

WOW!!! :shocked: :drooling: You all have me drooling in my morning coffee :lol:

However, after seeing everyone's posts, I think I might sit this out. I mean how on earth can I compete with all of this greatness. Paulky, even if I enter, I think I would be voting for you and not my own dish. :lol:

TB, you and Paulky really have a tie in my opinion. Like you said, I'd push grandma down the stairs in her wheelchair to get at your plate of goodness.

Hot Stuff, WTF??? Did you somehow sneak in my house yesterday and steal my ideas I had written down? :rofl: Looks great and I just hope mine turns out looking as good as yours.

Have leftovers........and beer! ;)

I'll keep the light on.

I've seen stuffed mirlitons (chayote) before but more like stuffed peppers, and not deep fried. Those deep fried bowls of goodness look awesome (you have to look close lol). Did you come up with that? Either way... slammin'! And the hush puppies are creative too. Flavors sound awesome.

I wish I could take 100% credit for the Pirogues, there are recipies out there for eggplant and mirliton deep fried pirouges, I just changed the filling to Etouffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back