• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Brekkie Sammie Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have photos and just like salsa lady said"yall working to hard". my phone,e-mail,and photo boucket is acting all crazy? so if i dont get to post in here,f**k it!

p.s. all sammys looking groovy!

Oh my!
This is turning out to be a great throwdown!
I'm gonna wimp out. Breakfast has never been my thang.
For me a breakfast Sammy would be a lunch Sammy.
You guys are ALL kicking some serious ass. Keep it commin!

Sic hope you get your photobucket fixed. Try hitting stop just before each page loads completely.
I've had to do that lately.

i have photos and just like salsa lady said"yall working to hard". my phone,e-mail,and photo boucket is acting all crazy? so if i dont get to post in here,f**k it!

p.s. all sammys looking groovy!

Skip photobucket, just click the full editor and upload them directly as attachments.

Or put them in your Gallery, then click the Options > Share links to get the link and post it.

WILBUR AND STUART SITTIN IN A NEST
The Dough
Flour
Sugar
Salt
Water
Molasses
Shortening
Yeast
Butter

Add yeast to water, then mix sugar molasses salt and shortening in seprate bowl. Put yeast and water mixture to molasses mix then start stirring in flour. After mixed let sit and rise for one hour or until double in size. After risen divide three times and put in baking pans brush the tops lightly with melted butter. Let rise again for another hour. Bake at 375 on lowest rack for about 50 minutes or until top is golden brown.

Wilbur
Pork cutlets
Pancetta
Hot salt
T.S. Powder

Sprinkle cutlets with salt and powder, wrap in pancetta. Sear in pan with vegtable oil until medium rare. Let rest.

Hollandaise Sauce
3 egg yolks
6oz. clarified butter
Lemon juice
White wine
Red super hot powder
Hot Salt
Fresh fatalii

In a bowl add egg yolks and beat until frothy over simmering water. When clarifying butter cut up one fresh fatalii into quarters throw in pan. Add a touch of wine and slowly add butter. Add lemon juice, powder and salt.

The Set Up
Slice two pieces of bread, cut a hole in center of one butter each slice. Grill bread in pan add pork to slice without hole. While grilling bread poach two eggs. Take bread with pork out of pan place on plate add poached eggs. Add slice with the hole and fill the hole with hollandaise sauce. Enjoy!

IMG259.jpg

IMG258.jpg

A better cam and lighting would definitely help that entry as it sounds pretty good.

There's two hours left, I would like to say this thing has been seriously EPIC. Amazing offerings by EVERYONE!

And if you haven't entered... you still have time! LB? Waddup?

You want a crown? Two hours is plenny-a-time to cook some eggs. So take an hour to think it out, and an hour to cook and post... bam. Do it! Awesomeage. Crownage. Done.

Unfortunatly we either have our camera phones or the webcam thing on the computer to take pics. I can not for the life of me find my digital camera. I don't even remember the last place I saw/used it. The final pics were taken with phone. Some of the prep pics were with the webcam (hence the backwards labels) and no matter what angle you stand at in our kitchen theres always shadowing............. but I must say he forgot a part the clarified butter was infused with fresh fataliis. Theres a pic in his prep. He's at work now so maybe I could text him to fix that in the final................ anywho it looked amazing in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back