• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Burger Royale Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stuffed Ash Burger

ingredients 

blend of  fresh ground blade(chuck) and top sirlion cap

aprox 750 g ground, 

2 gr ground black pepper 

chopped up cremini mushrooms

shredded asiago 

kosher salt

bakery fresh burger buns 

minced garlic

toppings

homemade tomato jam
homemade relish
pickles
mustard
jalapeno ketchup
reaper salt ( smoke dried reaper ground with salt in Mortar and pestle) 

method.

sautee chopped mushrooms in butter. take off heat , add shredded asiago .  put into plastic wrap and cool in fridge

grind  the chuck and sirloin  mix gently with ground pepper and minced garlic

form  8 cupped patties

separate mushroom asiago mix into 4 portions, place in 4 of the patties top with other 4 and form

grill burgers, toast buns and add toppings. 

gnTMeAU.jpg

M90UzmP.jpg

Pd7teBA.jpg

MhZFnyY.jpg

dlR34dS.jpg

Couldn't make up my mind so I made 3 with different toppings. All of them are the Wild Boar/Pancetta mix I made yesterday. 

_MG_0692.JPG

Mmm Bacon

_MG_0695.JPG

One plain , one with Bavarian sauerkraut on top and other with red onions and habanero cherry pomegranate sauce. Covered and steamed with toppings over some bacon fat

_MG_0698.JPG

Least favorite was the mushroom bun... obviously though the red onion sauce reduction was really good

_MG_0715.JPG

Someone bump this so I can final post aaaagh

3 way Slip N Sliders

Meat: Wild Boar and Pancetta blend seasoned with fresh garlic, smoked pequins and pepper

The Sliders: Cooked in an iron skillet over bacon fat with some Brown Bhutlah, covered burgers to steam them in the juices of their veggies

_MG_0697.JPG

Slider 1: Applewood Bacon, Fried egg, Mozzarella cheese, Big Daddy's Big Bad Trinidad BBQ Sauce on Conventional bun

_MG_0705.JPG

_MG_0710.JPG

_MG_0718.JPG

Slider 2: Applewood Bacon,  Bavarian sauerkraut (was really good) Served on a toasted naan bun. 

_MG_0717.JPG

Slider 3: Red onions caramelized in Habanero cherry pomegranate sauce, Mozzarella cheese and served on a Portabella mushroom Bun. Not pictured See THIS POST

GM's Lucy Jugosa de Los Indios

Beef Seasoning Mix:

De Roo Smoke N Fire Powder
Meat Church Deez Nuts Pecan Rub
Meat Church Holy Cow BBQ Rub
Season With Spice Applewood Smoked Sea Salt
JoynersHotPeppers Smoked Goat Powder
Garam Masala
Ground Ginger
Saffron
Texas Creek Pearwood Smoked Habanero Powder
Freeze Dried Sage
Turmeric

Main Ingredients:

Pat La Frieda Aged Beef/Shortrib/Brisket Ground Beef w/ Rubbed As Above
Super Soft Tortillas
Whole Egg
Bob Evans Maple Breakfast Sausage Patties
Small Yukon Gold Potato
Unripe Peach
Rome Tomato
Shallot
Fresh Superchili From My Grow (1st Pod)
De Roo Tiki Torch (Manzano/Habenero, OJ, Fresh Mango, and something that eludes me, I think garlic) ...
Kewpie Mayo
Rougie Duck Fat
Benton's Bacon Fat
Shaoxing Wine
Orange Blossom Honey

Instructions:

1. Stuff a pair of Bob Evans Maple Breakfast Sausage with slices of superchili, and crimp.

2. Pre-heat SVS to 160F and place the sausage patty, the potato + duck fat, and hot chutney/salsa into the water bath. Cook for 90 minutes.

3. Lower temperature with a partial water change to <126F.

4. Remove sausage-double from bath, and stuff two 8oz PLF beef patties with it, and some Tiki Torch HS. Re-seal, and place in SVS for 2 additional hours.

5. Add one egg to SVS, and raise temperature to 145F, and cook for one hour.

6. Remove lucy jugaso and shallow-fry in Benton's bacon fat, with the potato (diced in pan) until lightly browned, but not so as to overcook.

7. Brown tortillas and Searzall cheddar cheese to tortillas.

8. Place patty on one tortilla, add more cheddar, apply more Searzall, and ultimately flip the remaining tortilla on top as the upper meat-handle.

9. Cut one pie slice to consume for dinner, and then place potatoes and hot chutney/salsa, and ultimately break open the egg and let the yellow gold run.

10. Hurry to snap some photos, and then down the hatch.

Process Pics Number I
Process Pics Number II

IMG_8732.jpg

IMG_8767.jpg

IMG_8784.jpg

IMG_8785.jpg

Yields a pretty good amount of very tasty grub.

IMG_8799.jpg

CHEERS!

I think we got more entries this round than last

Scuba_Steve said:
Habanero White Castles!  (A Jalapeno White Castle Clone)

If you have a White Castle within 50 miles of you, consider yourself lucky!

I grew up just outside of Chicago and have always loved my White Castles. By love, I mean Harold and Kumar haven't gotten anything on me.  Here in Georgia though, we do not have a Castle within at least a 7 hour drive (trust me, I looked). Okay, I admit it, I've made the drive as well. Nothing will make your belly sing with joy as seeing that castle sign high in the sky!

So for those of us who crave those moist little burgers of love, lets make our own!

The ingredient list is pretty basic.  This will make 18 White Castles.

DSC_0001.jpg

1lb Ground Chuck
9 slices of Habanero Cheese
2 Sweet Onions
18 Dinner Rolls
1 Cube Beef Bullion
18 Dill Pickle Slices
1 Cup Water
2 Tbsp Butter

To start I used a nonstick mat and a rolling pin and rolled out the beef to a thickness of about 1/4".  Then using a pizza cutter I cut it into 3" squares.  I used a thick straw to cut 5 holes in each burger.  White Castles do not get flipped, and rely on these holes to steam them to completion.

DSC_0025.jpg

I then froze the burgers.  Once frozen I separated them and allowed them to partially thaw.

Cut the rolls in half and cut the cheese into 3" squares.

Next I prepared the onions.  They were cut thin and into about 1/2" pieces.  I laid them out on a cast iron griddle and added water with a cube of bullion dissolved in it.  Cook them until they are just starting to become translucent.  Ensure they are evenly spread with no large spaces in between. 

Add a bit more water, and lay the burgers on top.  Cover with a large metal bowl and allow to steam.  When the burgers are just slightly starting to cook on top, cover with the bottom buns.  Place the top buns on next slightly offset.  Cover again.  Cook an additional 2-3 minutes to allow the burgers to finish and the buns to become well steamed.

DSC_0042.jpg

Remove the burgers from the griddle with a thin spatula.  Make sure you get the onions as well when you remove them.  Add a pickle and a slice of cheese.  Add the top bun.

DSC_0050.jpg

In fact, just thinking about those tender, moist little White Castle burgers with those little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in your mouth like flavor crystal every time you bite into ones...

...just makes me want to burn this motherf**ker down.

Come on, Pookie, let's burn this motherf**ker down!

DSC_0059.jpg

The Habanero cheese gave these little love burgers just the kick they need and I also used a habanero ketchup for extra spice.  Yes, I ketchup my White Castles!

Those turned out perfect and look just like the real deal, only better. Makes me want to go pick up a crave case and fat out. ( did you work at a white castle as a kid?)

I think pookie should make a cookbook from all the throwdowns we have done. Bet it would do well on sales. Even outside of our circle. 

bierz was right, one should be pulling eggs from the sous vide if it's down.

that was my first egg, and it will definitely not be my last ...

going to try the alternate method next time, 167F for 13 minutes ...

it's a higher temp, shorter duraction variant that reportedly yield a firmer white, while the yolk remains the same ... at the trade-off of not having an open end time, and being a temperature that will ruin a meat if one's in there, and is only OK for vegetables etc ...

anyways ... good eats ... i polished off a quarter of a bottle of HS in the meal ...

D3monic said:
( did you work at a white castle as a kid?)

Lol, no.  Just a lot of utube videos showing me how it is done!  Plus I spent the majority of my teenage years sitting at a WC drive thru at 3am, stoned out of my mind.  The grill is usually in sight from the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back