contest BEGIN! Burger Royale Round 1 - Beef

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go!

Some diced Sweet Vidalia onions and thick cut bacon mingling in the CI...
burgertd001.jpg

The superhot buns out of the oven...
burgertd004.jpg

And the giant Jucy Lucy patty...
burgertd007.jpg

Final post coming up next...

I cant wait to sit back and look at it all again.
We've had big throwdowns before, but I cant think of one where EVERY dish looked this good. No lie.
This one is sponsor-worthy.
Every vote is a good one.

POL...sorry...had to rush through everything, so I figured I'd get in a pol shot on top of the poblanos in my garden...that I used for the burger. Sorry I couldn't get any other magic shots. A lot of things I wanted to do for this one...just wasn't able.

june2012tdpol.jpg

can't post finals til someone else posts

Lunchox's Queso Relleno Fiesta Burger

A burger stuffed with a chile relleno, and layered cheese enchiladas with arbol/pequin sauce on top, finished with pico de gallo.

Meat - 90-10 ground; make 2 thin patties, and layer one with ground chile de arbol, roasted poblanos, cheese and onion. Slap the other patty on top, press the edges, and seal it up. Season meat with garlic, onion, salt pepper, black chili powder, paprika, ground cumin, red pepper. Grill it.

Cheese enchiladas - 2 corn tortillas stuffed with colby-jack cheese, caribbean red habaneros, and onion. Roll them, toss them on the grill when the bruger is almost done...until cheese melts.

Arbole/Pequin sauce - roast tomatoes, tomatillas, garlic, chile pequins and chile de arbol. Toss in the blender when everything gets blackened up, add a little sea salt, and onion powder. Blend smooth, then toss in an ice cube...puree.

Pico de gallo - dice onion, jalapeno, tomato, and cilantro, mix with sea salt, a touch of black pepper, and garlic powder...squirt lime juice all over it.

Combine everything on a bun.

Eat.

*Sorry for the brevity...back is up against this deadline.

june2012td1-001.jpg

june2012td2-001.jpg

I like the pita burger thing F'D made....and it sounds deliciously awesome - but in the pics it looks a little....dry. I'm not sayin' - I'm just sayin'

:dance:

(a vote for Lucky Dog is a vote for all the n00bs everywhere! Vote for meeeeeeeeeeee!)

Not buying your smack. That burger is totally handheld.

Lunchbox's knife & forker looks like an adventure! Yum! Is the yellow ooze nacho cheese sauce? :dance:

No...it's sliced american cheese from the deli, all mixed and goo'd up with poblano and onion juice, as well as burger juice. And...no knife and fork was needed. Just half a roll of paper towels.

THE SWEATY YETI

The Burger

One Brain Strain (thanks Romy6!)

One Barrackpore (thanks Romy6!)

One pound of ground sirloin (never frozen) 85/15

6 Crispy pieces of bacon

6 oz of 1/4" cubed Vermont Sharp White Cheddar

Salt, pepper, 3 cloves of garlic, Pepper Guru pepper flakes (thanks PG!)

Bacon grease

Blend garlic, bacon, brain strain, and barrackpore in the mini chopper. Dump in bowl with beef and cheese. Mix together and form patties. Refrigerate for one hour.

Fire up the CHARCOAL grill (the Weber big green egg), put the burgers on and brush with bacon grease. Control the fire with a handheld spray bottle. Flip after five minutes and repeat. Once another five minutes have passed use more bacon grease on the burger to get a flame char. Done and bun.

Toppings

2 slices crispy bacon

Sliced red onion

Sliced tomato

Sliced Jalapeno

Fresh Romaine

RedHawk Fiery Pineapple Spread (perfect complement to the spice of the burger)

One onion bun, dipped in burger blood and toasted on a grill pan.

Sweaty Yeti all the way!!! Glad the Fiery Pineapple spread was the icing on the cake (or the burger) Seth!

The Jucy Lucifer!

The Jucy Lucy was invented in Minneapolis in the 1950's, and has been a staple here ever since. The real deal is always made with American cheese. I wanted to keep it as close to the original as possible, but also make it superhot. :mouthonfire: Also, NOBODY cuts a Jucy Lucy in half! You are supposed to let it cool for about 10 minutes so you don't burn your mouth with the molten cheese, and then dive right in, face first. The meat was nice and pink, but it's hard to tell with all the cheese spilling out of it.

The meat

75/25 ground beef
a bit of black pepper (sorry G)
garlic
worcestershire
egg (as a binder)

The filling

American cheese
7 Pot Red
Chocolate Bhut
Fatalii
Jalapeno