contest BEGIN! Burger Royale Round 1 - Beef

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay folks I see the same pics for multiple members. Draw straws on who gets listed in the poll and please post it for me.

The BoreSnake
(Burger, habanero and Muenster, stuffed)

-Martin’s Tater Rolls
-80/20 Ground Beef
-Sliced Claussen dills (next best thing to homemade)
-Habanero and scallion Relish:
1 Red Habanero
1 Orange Habanero
2 Scallions
Salt
Splash of tequila
Chopped black olive
Pinch of cumin
Honey
-Muenster cheese
-Random improvised spread:
Mayo
Dijon mustard
Tears Of The Sun sauce
Fresh ground black pepper

Chop and mix relish ingredients and allow to marinate for a couple of hours. Make the random improvised spread in the meantime. Divide and form your beef into an even number of thin ¼ lb. patties. Place a couple tablespoons worth of the relish (drain it first, it’s watery) and several cubes of Muenster on one patty, and cover and crimp another patty on top. Grill until done to your liking, placing more Muenster on top at the end of cooking to melt it on. Bun it up with some spread on each side and top with pickle slices. Do have some good beer on hand. I’ve got Warsteiner Dunkel, which works very well!
DSCF0634.jpg

DSCF0633.jpg

Woo Hoo! My first TD entry!

Finally able to get into this thing. Lots of tough competition, so I figured I'd better work a lot.

Preview pics (as all seem to be doing)

Here are the ingredients:

Whole wheat oversized buns
Sic's friend's awesome honey with cone
roasted garlic rice wine vinegar
sea salt, Aloha Fire smoke paprika spice rub, black pepper
tomato, red onion
roasted bell peppers
80% ground beef
ham steaks
smoked provolone
soy sauce
fresh pineapple
3 serranos, 1 jalapeno, 1 wax pepper

559998_10150940023505340_1512812165_n.jpg

Tossed soy, honey, peppers, rice vinegar hot peppers, & a hearty slice of pineapple into the blender to make the terryaki marinade for the pineapple.

Soaked the pineapple in the marinade for 4.5 hours, & seared on the BBQ

600032_10150940017625340_116600559_n.jpg

sneak preview of pineapple & burger, with some pineapple/pepper marinade poured on just before cheesing, alongside a corner of the seared pineapple.

Finals to come shortly.

just wanted to show the juice factor. It was "Ninja" level.

When shopping for ingredients, I thought about getting Kaiser rolls, but then I got this really bad taste in my mouth.

Some great burgerage showing. Good to see all you newbies getting a little action screwing Sum. ;)

OK, here are the finals:

POL in there next to the Laphroaig. I plated upside down so the ingredients & juice didn't kill the bottom - I thought that would be an acceptable compromise.

Without further adieu, the King Kamehameha's Revenge Burger

3/4 lb burger with Pele's Fire Hawaiian smoked paprika/cayenne/seasalt mixed in along with black pepper. Kept the burger simple other than the pineapple-teryaki splash/glaze.

Melted the smoked provolone on & pulled 'em.

Plated up with Mayo, roasted red pepper, fresh sliced red onion, grilled hamsteak, seared marinated pineapple , a perfectly ripe tomato slice and of course a pour of Lucky Dog Hot Sauce Red Label. Win or lose this is the tastiest burger I've ever made and I thank you all for the competition to bring it out of me. My friend's still talking about the pineapple an hour+ later

253279_10150940099660340_993985189_n.jpg

217941_10150940018715340_837805339_9844840_883629594_n.jpg

Wow - so juicy and tangy and spicy and amazing. YUM!!!!!

This burger needed nothing else. Ketchup would have been an insut - mustard would be distracting. It was perfection. Judge me if you will - this burger ruled. :cheers:

Okay folks I see the same pics for multiple members. Draw straws on who gets listed in the poll and please post it for me.

We are nominating HH81.
He made the bread, and was the ramrod of the operation. We had been planning this weekend for a few weeks, and were planning on doing three very dfferent burgers, all non-beef. After we had already aquired most of the ingredients, (individually), the rules changed... Oh well, we had a blast, and that burger was as awesome as it was huge. The patty with the Congo flakes was HOT! Juicy, meaty, spicy, crab-meaty goodness with an egg on top.

Congrats Balls on your first entry! The meat looks hella-good-n-juicy.

I'll congradulate you (again) LDHS on your first entry, when I see it. :rofl:

Scovie and LDHS cross posting. :lol:

That grilled pineapple looks divine.

I wish I could upload the flavor of this terryaki pineapple.

wow

Sic's friend's honey put this over the top IMO - I'll post the name when I get home. Incredible.

I wish I could upload the flavor of this terryaki pineapple.

wow

Sic's friend's honey put this over the top IMO - I'll post the name when I get home. Incredible.

inspiration for your next sauce? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back