contest BEGIN! Burger Royale Round 1 - Beef

Status
Not open for further replies.
LDHS - Be sure to include PoL at some point!

posted in all silver, one of which was my buddy's Mercury dime - 1932.

Here he is about to take a bite:
317909_10150940021695340_496206437_n.jpg

proof of life! hahahaha

(and yes, he's a drummer, why do you ask?)

Dude looks like he's eating it like he's mad at it!

Allright compadres. Here goes. I'll tell you what I did, then bust out some wicked pics.

The only way to make burgers is to grind your own meat (not a masterbation reference, and not offensive).
I prefer a blend of Skirt steak and Chuck.

This time I sliced the steak into strips and coated with my own proprietary JERK seasoning prior to grinding.
Then I done ground it.
Patties were grilled over charcoal on the Big Blue Weber.

Meanwhile I made up a bunch of other stuff.
My favorite baked good, a Jamaican recipe for Coco Bread is PERFECT for jerk burgers.
I made a salsa using green mangoes from my tree, which included fresh mint, lime juice, and a pinch of salt.
I made a jerk mayo with, duh, mayo, cilantro, lime juice, lime zest, and some homemade jerk powder.
I made Tostones from green Plantin's
Also I fried up some queso blanco, called "queso para frier". It's so good. It makes it's own crust when you fry it.
I threw it all together for the burger, and it was amazing!!!!!!!

Note: The grind of the beef was quite coarse, which didn't allow for a "pink in the middle" product. The whole thing was steamed in its own juices.
So juicy and awesome.

IMGP2557.jpg

IMGP2558.jpg

IMGP2559.jpg

IMGP2561.jpg

IMGP2562.jpg

IMGP2563.jpg

IMGP2564.jpg

IMGP2568.jpg

IMGP2569.jpg

Buena.

Wow I am amazed at the awesomeness and creativity going on here. I am afraid, I am not going to be able to join in the festivities. Two reasons simply: one, I had to work all weekend covering for a sick co-worker at the bar, and two, I tore up my knee-meniscus and cannot deal with any more walking right now. Sorry, guess I will have to learn to cook a veggie burger. Carry on, and well done everyone.

FD Yu speaky my language I like all those flavors! And the patties are the right size with good char (I ilke more but that's good nuf)!

Good flavours you've got going on in there FD. There is still a hint of pinkness and it looks juicy. Nice.

And to be self serving, I edited my entry on page 12 to include the basic cooking techniques. That was page 12.

pg 12.

Frydad's Floribbean Hamburgesa

Buns:
Coco Bread. Homemade. Awesome. (Pm for the recipe, it's worth it).
Meat:
Skirt Steak. Chuck Steak. Ground. Together. Mixed with homemade Jerk seasoning. Including Hab Pow and Bitter Orange.
Grilled over charcoal.
Toppings:
Jerk Mayo: Mayo, Jerk Seasoning, Cilantro, Lime Zest.
Tostones: Green plantains. Double Fried. Salted.
Green Mango Salsa: Green Mango (one semi-ripe), fresh mint, Congo Trinidad Pepper, lime juice, kosher salt.
Fried Cheese: Latin Cheese. Fried. Awesomer.

This might be the best burger I have ever had. No shizzle.
Sum, too bad you weren't invited over today. It was amazing.
You're screwed.

IMGP2565.jpg

IMGP2571.jpg

Yo mama.

FD4, smoke a cigarette... you know why.

Mark me down for a vote!

Bitter orange... jam? zest? juice?

KILLER!

I'd say "well played FD", but I've never had green mango. Never even thought of it. And if someone handed it to me, I just might turn them down on the offer. Blame it on ignorance, maybe.

Can you descirbe what green mango is like for the rest of us?

Green mango is just an unripe mango the flavor has sour notes and sweet notes, it's dried and used in Indian cooking.

Just under two hours left. Peeps who have threatened to post but haven't gotten final entries in yet:
mygrassisblue, muskymojo, THP, and maaaaaaybe LunchBox. C'mon guys!

LDHS - Love me some grilled pineapple - perfect!
Frydad - BOINK!

Just under two hours left. Peeps who have threatened to post but haven't gotten final entries in yet:
mygrassisblue, muskymojo, THP, and maaaaaaybe LunchBox. C'mon guys!

LDHS - Love me some grilled pineapple - perfect!
Frydad - BOINK!

gemme I can't beat FD in this but I have an idea for the alternative meat w3 so if you're gonna hold me to one hold me to that one.

I'd say "well played FD", but I've never had green mango. Never even thought of it. And if someone handed it to me, I just might turn them down on the offer. Blame it on ignorance, maybe.

Can you descirbe what green mango is like for the rest of us?

Green mango is just an unripe mango the flavor has sour notes and sweet notes, it's dried and used in Indian cooking.

A-hole (sum). We eat green mango together every weekend at my place.

:)

Closest I can come up with is a REALLY TART green apple. But not quite as sweet.
It is sold in central America as a snack with lime juice and salt.
I made mine with a semi-ripe (sweeter) mango too. And added a chili.
It was so good on the burger!!

this TD is going to be all over the place. Anyone can win and with so many entries it's going to be impossible to know who. We all put our hearts into the meat castles....can't wait to see the outcome and next weeks challenge!

BTW........VOTE 3/5King! :rofl: :party: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back