• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Burger Royale Round 2 - Veggie

Status
Not open for further replies.
SL he used it for breadcrumbs/breading. The burger was on a hippy wheat English muffin.

FIFY SL, sheesh!

Ground....Floor......WHATEVER!!!! Just get that kaiser roll outa ma face!

Siccy couldn't find some stale french bread or hot dog bun to use? :rolleyes:

Aw, well, gotta move on~ ps- xoxo siccy, and it's all good......

SL - check PMs

Also dang! I didn't know this was a falafel contest! Too bad he ran outta pita! :dance:

IMG_4875.jpg

I saw something like this in a cow pasture once.

Sorry Sum - you're screwed!
:D

(I'd eat it) :dance:

The Great Northern Hippy Burger

This is my super tasty, super unhealthy version of a veggie burger. I wanted to have a Minnesota theme again, so I used as many locally made ingredients as possible. It tasted way better than I thought it would, and I will be making these again....soon!

The Patties

Minnesota grown wild rice cooked in vegetable stock
baby portabella shrooms
sweet bell peppers
eggs
grated sharp cheddar cheese
crushed saltine crackers
chocolate bhut flakes
Summit exta pale ale

Jalapeno Cheddar Buns

Gold Medal bread flour (made right here in Minneapolis)
Gold Medal all purpose flour
milk
yeast
sugar
eggs
butter
salt
diced jalapeno
sharp cheddar

The Beer Batter

Gold medal all purpose flour
eggs
Hamm's beer "born in the land of the sky blue waters"
butter
Douglah powder

The Toppings

beer battered onion rings
beer battered jalapeno slices
sharp cheddar cheese
homemade bbq sauce
lettuce
tomato
mayo

veggieburgers010.jpg

veggieburgers026.jpg

I gotta say I'm likin' all these hot bunz~~~

I'm actually surprised at all the home made rolls....Well Done!

Watching the last couple TD's, this board definitely needs a "fresh bread" cook-off. More baking going on some in the last 2 rounds than burgering in some of 'em!

(the bread looks awesome though!)

I gotta say I'm likin' all these hot bunz~~~

I'm actually surprised at all the home made rolls....Well Done!

Why is it that when you're pressed for time, everything seems to go wrong? Heh. I've got an hour.... this can work. Right?

And if not, think I'll get plastered and just post it in the DC thread later... no worries!

Good Idea, FarmerGuy!

And the funny thing is....it's GUYS doing most of the baking, not chicks!

Although, I gotta warn you FarmerGuy..... if there is a baking TD, ELA will be In Da House, and she'll kick all of our butts.

Come on, geeme......you can do it!

I'll spare you the link to that cheesy movie clip ....

LunchBox's Pineapple-Tampon Surprise

(no pineapples were harmed in the making of this vegetarian burger)

Patty: a leek, handful of baby-bellas (cimini), naga morich, caribbean red, garlic clove, a little oinion, &whole barley. Boil the barley down in some veggie stock...put in chop-o-matic, and blend to lumpily smooth. Add a mashed tater that was boiled in with the barley juice...mashed tater binder, BEEYOOOOOTCH. Cook in butter...melt pepper jack on top. Turn off heat, add onion slices to the pan to crisp a little on one side.

Buns: flour, cornmeal, yeast, sugar, cayenne, black chili powder, sea salt, black pepper, and a little left over caribbean red, and leek. Brush tops with butter, add sesame seeds. Oven at 375, cook for 20 minutes. Watch the sesame seeds fall off. Scoop them up, and eat them...because shit man...they're toasted sesame seeds.

Build the burger with tomatoes, and avacado...a little mustard, and Texas Creek Ghost Fire sauce.

The ingredients to the burger were essentially 90% of a leek and potato soup recipe I wrote a year ago. I realized this as I was building it. It was good. I had another this morning with an egg over medium on top. THAT should have been my entry, because it was so damn good, I pitched a tent in my boxers.

Don't tell bear.

junetdplate1-001.jpg

junetdplate2-001.jpg

and while we're on bread, this is how the breadcrumbs have to be made!

(made too much Tuscan bread at once 2 days ago - what was that you said about guys doing most the baking?? :-)

FreshBreadcrumbs.jpg

Good Idea, FarmerGuy!

And the funny thing is....it's GUYS doing most of the baking, not chicks!

Although, I gotta warn you FarmerGuy..... if there is a baking TD, ELA will be In Da House, and she'll kick all of our butts.

Come on, geeme......you can do it!

I'll spare you the link to that cheesy movie clip ....

I think that guys playing with buns is a good thing! It's nice to see so many men know their place....in the kitchen cookin' it up!

:cool:

Way to use up the leftover bread as bread crumbs, FarmerGuy.

3/5's coming in with the roasted goods!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back