• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Burger Royale Round 3 - Alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few ingredients and POL :) Thanks Gee for the tip!!!
photo-12.jpg

Die WurstBurger

Habanero rolls:
• Flour
• Water
• Yeast
• Honey
• Salt
• Minced habanero
• Paprika, Hungarian, sweet
Patty:
• Bratwurst, de-cased, formed into patty, and seasoned. (Unless you make your own, in which case just skip the case and grind directly into patties. I’m not quite there yet, so I got some links from the grocery’s butcher. Use whatever your favorite brat is. When I lived in Milwaukee, it was Usinger’s. My how I miss Usinger’s meat products…) Grill or fry patty until done to your liking. (I fried in bacon fat in a 12” cast iron skillet) Melt your cheese on top (of the patty!) during the last minute or two of cooking.
Sauerkraut:
• I would be using my homemade kraut, but it isn’t ready yet. So, I used my favorite store-bought.
Spread:
• Dijon mustard
• Mayonnaise
• Cappy’s Brain Strain sauce
• Caraway seeds (actually they’re fruits, but I digress)
• Honey
Cheese:
• Aged Cheddar. I was jonesin’ for butterkäse, but the store didn’t have any today. D’oh. D’oh is me.

DSCF0637.jpg

DSCF0639.jpg

I got down brown with it. I was going to make my own rolls as I have done before but last time I got no love for the homemade goodness. Screw that noise. I'm going all in on some fresh made store bought jalapeno/cheddar rolls.

Feesh schmeesh. BTDT too. Ran across some Russian Golden King crab on sale.

Boom chicka wow wow!

IMG_3696.jpg

Peeled and stripped the meat and into a bowl. Tossed in some minced garlic, minced green onion, diced red pickled 'peno, hot hungarian paprika, and a splat of canola mayo and bread crumbs to bind it all up.

Not my best pics. Beer kept spilling into my mouf'.

IMG_3698.jpg

Black Betty: She's hot. She's black. She's got crabs.

IMG_3699.jpg

Just brown it nice and don't abuse it. The crab is already cooked, don't refuse it.

IMG_3700.jpg

Now at this stage in the festivities I'm frying the crabness, spilling beer, watching the Pacquiao fight, and making hollandaise sauce. I'd be better off juggling 6 pissed off cats. Screw the sauce pics. I'm jinxed on that. Every time I try and take pics while making hollandaise, it breaks. EVERY DANG TIME! Google is your friend.

So here is a plate shot.

Russian King Crab Sliders on Jalapeno/Cheddar Rolls with Hollandaise.

IMG_3702.jpg

More.

IMG_3705.jpg

Eat this!

IMG_3706.jpg

KGB approved!

IMG_3707.jpg

Don't fear the crab.

Geeme, check your inbox porfavor. I need a question answered please and thank you. I can't give it away on the thread lol....but everyone beware......

Holly crap TB!

"The Panty-Dropper Burger"

Ingredients:
Ground Elk prime cuts
Truffle Oil
Garlic
Red onions
Fresh Dill, rosemary, and basil
Creamy Blue cheese, aged sharp cheddar
Bell Peppers
Smoked Bhut jolokia and "hot mix" powders courtesy of Glenburnie Farm Produce
Shiitake mushrooms
Webers Horseradish Mustard
Sweet pickle Relish
Whole wheat buns

Thoroughly mix chopped shiitake mushrooms, blue cheese, peppers & pepper powders, garlic, dill, rosemary, onion, and truffle oil. Add all others to the outside of the burger to taste, except the sharp cheddar... smother the heck out of it, 2 fresh basil leaves, grill the burger over oak charcoal, and smoke the buns on a second grill using a combination of oak charcoal, and soaked hickory&mesquite chips.

Best served with smoked turkey bacon jalapeno poppers, and smoked mac & cheese with bhut powder in it, and grilled pineapple with caramel sauce for dessert :)

The name was inspired by what happened after my date tried my TD meal :)
Enjoy!

photo-14.jpg

photo-13.jpg

New to the TD scene... Would one have to have their entry complete by tonight?

Never mind, I just saw that entries are due tonight at 10pm!

Might try to enter... might have to wait a bit...

Some tasty looking burgers either way.

3Y that has ALL the right ingredients! Nice job! I'll bet that kicked ass!

Thanks! I come from a family of hunters, and had a little inspiration from my sister's Scandinavian in-laws. I've never had a burger that tasted so good, I spent like a half hour talking with a cheese monger just to get the specific cheeses right for my ingredients... she wanted to come home with me when i told her what i was making :P

that crab burger is making me sooooo hungry though... looks amazing TB!!!!

Oh damn I didn't see tb and balls...

Balls, as I sit here in my German soccer jersey celebrating a victory, your burger sure would hit the spot! Nice job!

Tb... Hbr! Holy shitballs, bro! That puppy looks awesome! Hot damn I'll bet that was good!

Where u at sum?

I wanted to do this one but I'm enjoying my fathers day too much to cook.

Happy fathers day to all the thp dads!
Spent a great day playing with my kiddies.
Can't wait to enjoy some peace and quiet with some brown liquor on the rocks!

BIG DADDYS BISON BURGER!!

PATTY- 80/20 GROUND BISON

BUN- TOASTED POTATO BUN

TOPPINGS- ONIONS AND SHROOMS(WILD PORCINI AND OYSTER) COOKED IN BACON GREESE, BABY SWISS,THICK CUT DOUBLE SMOKED BACON WITH FIVE PEPPER SEASONING AND MAYO WITH AJs SCORPION PUREE.

FEAST YOUR EYES UPON THIS
576696_484676674891114_1227375731_n.jpg

BOOM ( BOLD)
601261_484677211557727_915526209_n.jpg

Andele Komrades!

Russian Golden King Crab Sliders

The buns ~ fresh made store bought jalapeno/cheddar rolls

The burger ~ Russian caught and processed Golden King Crab, red pickled jalapeno, minced garlic,

minced green onion, hot hungarian paprika, kosher salt, canola mayo, bread crumbs.

The hollandaise ~ egg yolk, lemon juice, clarified butter, tabasco sauce.

The method ~ pan fried in cast iron with canola oil.

Succulent. Sweet. Spicy. Savory. Suave.

IMG_3703.jpg

The buns were perfectly awesome with the crab. Spongey. Moist. Squishy. Cheezy 'peno good!

Dig it. Artisan crab style.

IMG_3708.jpg

Food of the Czars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back