• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Burger Showdown Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bacon Brunch Burger

Any excuse to make some breakfast inspired food is always fun for me.  What we have here is a jalapeno and chipotle chees beer waffle burger.  With maple bourbon glazed bacon, red pepper aioli, and a fried egg on top.

For the jalapeno, cheese, and beer waffle:
2 1/4 cups of flour 
1tsp salt
4 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tbs sugar
5 tbs butter
1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup of Goose Island 312 beer
2 eggs
2 diced jalapenos
shredded Cabot Chipotle cheese

Melt the butter in a sauce pan and then add the milk and beer and stir it up into all the dry ingredients.  Add the egg and vanilla and stir that baby up until you have no lumps.  I then added the diced jalapeno and shredded cheese to the batter.  Cooked in the waffle iron until golden brown.  

Red pepper aioli:

3 cloves of garlic peeled
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp of my smoked Aji Pepper flakes
1 red bell pepper

I quartered the red pepper and broiled it in the oven until some char started.  Then blended it all up and refrigerated until it was time to serve.

Maple Bourbon glazed bacon:
6 strips of bacon
1 cup brown sugar
2 oz Woodford Reserve Bourbon
1/4 cup Pure maple syrup
Black Pepper

Preheat the oven to 400F
Line a rimmed cookie sheet with foil and grease it.  Place the bacon on the sheet.
In a sauce pan put the bourbon, syrup, and brown sugar in and turn on to med-high heat.  Occasionally stir it so it doesn't burn and heat it until it has thickened up enough to brush it on the bacon without running out.
Brush the glaze on the bacon, sprinkle with pepper, and put in the oven for about 13 mins.  Pull the bacon out and flip it over and glaze the other side, sprinkle with pepper, and put it back into the oven for 13-15 mins until its cooked all the way.  Set aside and let it cool.  Just don't wait too long to peel it off of the foil lol.  It gets pretty sticky when it cools off.

Burger:
1/2 Sirlon
1/2 Chuck
Season with salt, pepper, garlic salt, and about 2 tbs of the maple syrup.  I then fried the patty in some bacon grease. :) 

Fried over easy egg:
Fried in bacon grease seasoned with a little salt and pepper. 

Assembly:
Waffle, Burger, Cabot chipotle cheese, Bacon, Egg, and finally the Aioli. 

Pretty happy with the way this one turned out.  The maple syrup glaze on the bacon, and the little bit in the burger went great with the waffle bun.  The jalapeno and cheese in the waffle were great.  I couldn't even eat the whole thing truth be told lol.  I ate too much bacon and extra waffle bites while I was doing everything else.  Not to mention a few slices of the cheese.  If you like breakfast as much as I do this is the burger for you.

Delish!

The Hot Pepper said:
Thank God that's the smoker D3 thought it was the oven. Speaking of where's JT lol.

lol, i'd be in trouble if I did that to the oven. I'm in enough trouble for using the red pan. Just got all teh smoker stains off it. 

I seen JT lurking last night weighing his competition but he hasn't commented. Sneaky ninja like

Sneaky_167785_1681632.jpg

Ozzy I love the Black Forest ham look of that patty sear I imagine the bacon fat and maple syrup mingled perfectly for that caramelization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back