• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Burger Showdown Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
     Wohoo! Let's get dinner going! The stars lined up just right at the butcher shop today. I asked the guy what he thought would make the best ground beef so I'd know what to buy and have him grind. He said he thought a mix of brisket and chuck would be a good pick for flavor. Before I could ask if he'd grind some for me, he said that's what they use in their ground beef. Cool, that made that easy. 
     Next on the list was bacon. I love their apple smoked bacon, but they rarely stock it. Lucky day! 
     And I got the cheese sliced "cracker thickness". Nice thick slices.

IMG_1795_zpsb87umom8.jpg

That onion sure looked bigger in the garden.  :think: Oh well, it's only going on mine.

The Hot Pepper said:
Lazy butcher lol I used to do that as a bartender... "What do you recommend?" "___ beer" lol.

Could very well be. I like this dude, though and trust him. His only a butcher apprentice (if there is such a thing) - he's only like 19 years old, but he knows his shit. Dedicated. 
     Besides, I gotta admit I'm interested to find out what that meat tastes like. It looks and smells beautiful and it's texture looks to be perfect for smashing. In case I didn't mention before, it's 80/20. 
     This place wins all the State and regional competitions with many of their products. Nothing they do is an afterthought. I trust that their "regular" ground beef is better than most.

Fo sho people!!! Nice burgers posted up! Ozzy, you have no need to be concerned! What I have planned isn't anything like what you did and I dunno if it will best yours at all. And honestly I spent most of yesterday drinking well in to the AM and I don't have it in me to try and REALLY outdo yours! LOL And mine won't be posted until tomorrow, these damm friends of mine invited me to another party in about 3 hours. A surprise party with 5 hours notice. Lazy bastiges!

Keep rocking the burger party, people!!!

Here we go! I diced and combined the onion and fire roasted Caribbean reds. Those will get mashed into my patties, pre-flip. #maiillard+capsaicin=win
IMG_1796_zpsbclcrvye.jpg

My wife doesn't want any bacon on her burger (ahemCOMMUNISTahem). More for me!!!  :dance:  :drooling:
IMG_1797_zps9aghz4iu.jpg

Scoville DeVille said:
 these damm friends of mine invited me to another party in about 3 hours. A surprise party with 5 hours notice. 

Sounds like a great time! Drink one for me and have a great time!  :bday:

Hybrid Mode 01 said:
Could very well be. I like this dude, though and trust him. His only a butcher apprentice (if there is such a thing) - he's only like 19 years old, but he knows his shit. Dedicated. 
     Besides, I gotta admit I'm interested to find out what that meat tastes like. It looks and smells beautiful and it's texture looks to be perfect for smashing. In case I didn't mention before, it's 80/20. 
     This place wins all the State and regional competitions with many of their products. Nothing they do is an afterthought. I trust that their "regular" ground beef is better than most.
I'm with you man I was just messin but as a bartender I never wanted to make any of the specialties like caipirinhas etc. so when they recommended the house grind I was like "been there done that" but it is prob their best grind anyway.

I just noticed I'm drinking a double IPA. THouse ought to be interesting... I didn't look at the store because I dropped a bottle on the floor while the store manager was helping me find the beer I had planned on buying. I just grabbed something close and Wisconsin-made and got the hell out before I embarrassed myself further.
     Oh boy, those are potent!  :drunk:  Perfect time to start playing with the 175,000 btu canning stove!   :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back