• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Cheesy Weekend II

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I learned tonight that making sugar "cups" is way harder than they make it out to be on the video. Way harder. But hey - they TASTE really good! Will you believe me if I say I was going for a Chihuly look???

20161211_223756.jpg

Plate up and such mañana.

Bison Cheese Meatloaf

1 lb Bison Ground
1 brick Limburger Cheese.
1/2 brick Smoked cheddar cheese.
1 cup Smoked Gouda
2 cups flourets
1 cup cranberries.
3 boiled eggs
5 small raw eggs
1 cup Buckwheat
1 cup Brown Rice Flower.
2 tbsp yellow Habanero
1 tbsp Chipotley
1 tbsp Smoked paprika
1 tbsp seasoning
1/2 tbsp Cumin
1 tbsp dried Ginger
1 cup dried sliced Portobello mushroom.
1/2 cup apple juice

Oil pan with coconut oil
Place apple juice, florets and Portobello in the bottom, add some seasoning and habanero power.
Mix up dry ingredients
Fry up Bison
Mix Fried Bison in dry mix, cranberries and mix till fine granules. Point of the flours is to absorb the juice and fat from cheese creating moisture.
Add a layer of the Bison mix in the pan, cut up Limburger evenly to cover.
Lay another layer mix till top.
Slice up Smoked cheddar and cover the top.
Bake at 300f for 90 min.
Mix up raw eggs and smoked Gouda (smoked Gouda does not melt) then place in pot and slowly heat to make a custard.
Once Meatloaf is cooked, flip onto back, slice up cooked eggs place on top and then add Cheese Custard.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

7T1mSh6.jpg

9CB8ZFw.jpg

ZfmBpFo.jpg

xzx3QJD.jpg

WFSV0XJ.jpg

UOugYUv.jpg

NooC8j9.jpg

puB8ijX.jpg

3w4dJhl.jpg

DAgaGrl.jpg

Good Googly Moogly!!! You guys took this thing up a few notches while I was hangin' out with Retta and friends last night!! It makes my dinner look kind of pale in comparison....but I'm kind of good with that.

KUDOS TO ALL OF YOU!!!

My dinner was more about relaxation and being social. The Main showcase is definitely the cheese......but it all comes together to make a perfect meal.

More preliminary photos:

Table all set...

tUrHhQQ.jpg

Cranberry-Walnut bread....

NiLHRNI.jpg

OVtgoqf.jpg

Sneaky heat...;)

c5hUY6j.jpg

Beef, chicken, and shrimps......all seasoned and ready to go!

eumku3c.jpg

HMLMioT.jpg

z826myG.jpg

And my Sweet Retta......making the magic happen!!

34558Un.jpg

:)

Circle-H Fondue Night:

Welcome friends!! Come in! It's cold and rainy outside......but inside, the fire is going.....and the food is nearly ready!

So.....warm yourselves by the hearth.....while I share the the experience with everyone!

Ingredients and prep:

-Whole wheat, cranberry-walnut bread......cubed and toasted in a 450 degree oven for 10 minutes.

-Biohazard (sprinkled on EVERYTHING)....and HSL's famous PURE EVIL......just ONE DROP in the cheese! :shocked:

-One pint of heavy cream and 3TBSP of Caribbean Jerk Seasoning. Add in medium saucepan....and simmer till reduced by 1/2. This sauce is good on EVERYTHING!!!

- Top sirloin, boneless chicken breast (both cubed), and large gulf shrimp.....seasoned with S&P....and a bit of Weber Steak/Burger seasoning....then put in the fridge to get happy!

-One pound of natural Swiss cheese, 8 OZ of Gruyere cheese,1/4 tsp nutmeg, white pepper, one drop PURE EVIL, one clove garlic (crushed into a paste), 2 tsp of flour, Biohazard to taste, and 1 and 1/2 cups of dry white wine. (in a large bowl grate the two cheeses together....and add the nutmeg and pepper. mix by hand till well incorporated. In the fondue pot, add half the wine, garlic, and PURE EVIL. Heat till barely simmering...NOT BOILING!! Slowly add handfulls of the cheese while gently stirring to incorporate.......adjust thickness with splashes of wine till desired, yummy, cheesy thickness is achieved. Set pot on 190 and stir occasionally.

- In a separate fondue pot, add 1 1/2 inches of your favorite cooking oil (as long as it has a high flash-point) and set temperature to 365 degrees. ***WARNING....always use breakaway cords and monitor small children when cooking with hot oils!!! I can't stress that enough!!!!!*** 

Everyone gather around the bar!!! The fondue is ready to go!!

fqX9Tyk.jpg

nv5w6zZ.jpg

srRCxz2.jpg

g6aIjLU.jpg

2Va5RuM.jpg

XY3ixQf.jpg

b6mTYoE.jpg

kNc8NQP.jpg

RTNVgrW.jpg

Now.....come sit by the fire....and ENJOY!! :cheers:

stettoman said:
Dangit, I wanna play some more but my kid has a project for a college class that I've been asked to assist--a vat of Ojibwe Baaka'akwe Naboob. I'd sure love to tweak it a smidge.....Alas, no cheese....

From Wikipedia: "The Ojibwa people were very skilled cheesemakers as evidenced in authentic recipes for Baaka'akwe Naboob."

Step 1 - Make a killer pan of lasagne, mac n' cheese, enchiladas or whatever and label it "Baaka'akwe Naboob".
     Step 2 - Print the above quote and tape it to the aforementioned pan of cheesy goodness.
     Step 3 - Tell kid's professor he's been making Baaka'akwe Naboob wrong all these years and to take a hike if he doesn't appreciate your authentic Ojibwe cooking. 
     Step 4 - Take pics, win throwdown.
     Step 5 - Maybe think about transferring kid to new school.

Hybrid Mode 01 said:

From Wikipedia: "The Ojibwa people were very skilled cheesemakers as evidenced in authentic recipes for Baaka'akwe Naboob."

Step 1 - Make a killer pan of lasagne, mac n' cheese, enchiladas or whatever and label it "Baaka'akwe Naboob".
     Step 2 - Print the above quote and tape it to the aforementioned pan of cheesy goodness.
     Step 3 - Tell kid's professor he's been making Baaka'akwe Naboob wrong all these years and to take a hike if he doesn't appreciate your authentic Ojibwe cooking. 
     Step 4 - Take pics, win throwdown.
     Step 5 - Maybe think about transferring kid to new school.
But-but-but.....I LIKE Baaka'akwe Naboob. I will research it though, and I WILL FIND an authentic variation using Ojibwe cheese (or Velveeta). Maybe with a little chipotle in it.

Eating Baaka'akwe Naboob is almost as fun as saying Baaka'akwe Naboob, over and over again...

...faster and faster and faster....

BTW, have you ever tried Ojibwe cheese? It takes the Naboob out of Baaka'akwe Naboob.....

stettoman said:
But-but-but.....I LIKE Baaka'akwe Naboob. I will research it though, and I WILL FIND an authentic variation using Ojibwe cheese (or Velveeta). Maybe with a little chipotle in it.

Eating Baaka'akwe Naboob is almost as fun as saying Baaka'akwe Naboob, over and over again...

...faster and faster and faster....

BTW, have you ever tried Ojibwe cheese? It takes the Naboob out of Baaka'akwe Naboob.....

Honestly, post #256 was 100% pure grade-A horseshit. I actually just now looked up baaka'akwe naboob and I think I'm going to have to give it a shot one of these days! I have a ton of wild rice on hand from a buddy of mine who lives in Bemidji. If I do, I think I'll probably omit the cheese (no matter how authentic it is  ;) ) and try it as is. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back