contest BEGIN! Chopped - Fight for Independence!

Status
Not open for further replies.
LB, one dish. Like Chopped on TV. Spreading it out into courses defeats the purpose of the challenge :). They don't hold the peanut butter for dessert in Chopped.

Choose app, entree, or dessert.

You may just win a cown.

DAMNIT!!! I had 3 dishes...using all 4...the COWN was as good as mine!

But seriously...an entree is somewhat subjective...in that there can be multiple items on the plate...right?

But seriously...an entree is somewhat subjective...in that there can be multiple items on the plate...right?

LOL well yes when you order an entree there can be sides on the plate right? ;) Pulled pork with beans and slaw. Etc. But multiple courses seems like multiple entries. Have you seen the show? IT'S EXACTLY LIKE CHOPPED!!!!!!!!! PICK A COURSE AND RUN WITH IT! LESS TALKIE MORE COOKIE!

ChopChop-WikiWiki!

I guess I should remember some people don't have cable. LB are you still stumped?

Chopped is a TV show on Food Network.

There are three rounds... app, entree, dessert. Each round has a basket of secret ingredients that must be used. You can use pantry and fridge (other ingredients) but the goal is to showcase the secret ingredients in a harmonious and creative way. What you do in the round is totally up to you. It can get you eliminated, or you will advance. Here... there is one shot, so choose one round and run with it.

Hope this helps.

I've seen the show...a couple of times...but we don't have "TV"...we have streaming video. What I've seen...you make the best plate of what you can...with the required ingredients. To me...this leaves some room for play...

Look...I'm going to make what I had in mind...all-in...on one plate. If I get CHOPPED...so be it.

I've thought of maybe 3 ideas, but I'm still no closer to be being happy with any of them. Just when I think i've got it, one of the ingredients kinda throws it out of balance :(

We jump in the caddy, hit the back roads and look at all the people, places, and crazy things the tourons (our local word for tourists!) are doing - and call it Methow TV!!!!! VERY entertaining!!!! :rofl:

I've seen one episode of Chopped - the one with Johnny....but I think I get the idea! :)

tourons (our local word for tourists!) :rofl:

Touron- a combined word from the base words "tourist" and "moron". Used in general reference to those who wander across the street (not in a cross-walk) in front of a 1-ton truck and expect the truck to stop for them, those who stand in the middle of a 4-way stop in the middle of town taking pictures of funky buildings while holding up traffic, and those who ride ride bicycles in the middle of a highway lane instead of on the 3-foot wide shoulder of the road.

American as apple, peanut butter, yogurt marinated, bourbon injected stuffed porkloin
IMAG2342.jpg

now off to pound the pork, slather it with yogurt, take that shot, and wait

My greatest concern is keeping Papa Sic out of my ingredients while I wait, lol
My Bad......I forgot this in the original pic
IMAG2346.jpg

Touron- a combined word from the base words "tourist" and "moron". Used in general reference to those who wander across the street (not in a cross-walk) in front of a 1-ton truck and expect the truck to stop for them, those who stand in the middle of a 4-way stop in the middle of town taking pictures of funky buildings while holding up traffic, and those who ride ride bicycles in the middle of a highway lane instead of on the 3-foot wide shoulder of the road.

"Where's a McDonald's?"

And don't forget the worst kind of touron, the ones who stop there car ON the highway to take pictures of DEER! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
We have the highest Mule deer population in N. America, so to us they are like rats.

Watchout y'all, LadySic has her injector in hand!

PoL:
P1010044.JPG

Them thar be douglah's, y'all.

Still gotta go to da stoh for da porkage, but thar's a start. However, I may have to JayT this one. At least PoL is taken care of, just in case...

Gemme you're supposed to start with apples.

If you transform them you must start with the listed ingredient, no skipping to apple juice, juice the apple, get it?

Dehydrated is transformed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back