• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Grillin' & Chillin' Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
well... I prepare some things to grillin. I will not  use many ingredients... Only protein, salt, seasoning and some things more.
I'm going to creative meal but keep the classic grill

I have defrosting chicken wings to make grilling and also I purchase seafood, but not decide which one of them will use... I would like to use all proteins, little each one.

one part of proteins that I will use to cook. Beef ribs, chorizo (homemade) and pattys are seasoning now. But I not secure if I will eat the burgers tomorrow on TD. Maybe be a lot of meal, or maybe be lunch and dinner of sunday...

2015-08-30%25252020.55.24.jpg

2015-08-30%25252020.55.40.jpg

2015-08-30%25252020.51.29.jpg

The Hot Pepper said:

Was it the lime? ;)

Or dragon fruit? :D
 Yeah, you know! Only, that isn't even the particular pitaya that I really wanted. One more call or trip in the morning. But I haz alternates, if need be. Cooking starts tonight, as that part needs a big chill afterwards. Pics mañana!

I also buyed maracuya fruits... Then will make a drinks. "Caipiroska" Not be caipirinha, why don't like the brasilian cachaça... Well in brasil yes I like the caipirinha, they made's a special mode, but I not have brasilian hands to make a drinks haha. I will use vodka, then is caipiroska

Huh. You see a jalepeño in my first teaser post, right? I picked that just before taking the pic. Now? Can. Not. Find. It. I even ripped everything out of the fridge. Maybe I put it in the pantry? Not there, either. It's a good thing I've got more, but really, if anyone has a guess about where it got off to, let me know!  :think:

The start of something beautiful:

P1010999.JPG

texas blues said:
Woe is me.

I had some great action planned but life has gotten in the way.

I had a jones on for being in on this one.

Had a plan for some fresh AK silver salmon and king crab.

Instead I got blinded by the light.

Wrapped up like a douche and a rover in the night.
I am in same boat...currently, roasted rustic potatoes, onions and shrooms on grill with prime ribeye and king crab about to join but camera is too heavy on this drunk old man :) 

​Bib's Slow Smoked Short Rib with apple cabbage slaw and a verde-vino thai basil mimosa

ShortRibs:
-short ribs, brown sugar, salt, allspice, pepper blend, 
Brine the short ribs in brown sugar, salt and allspice overnight. Next morning,  rub with he powder and cook low n slow for 12 hrs with apple and pecan.

Slaw:
-Spiralized Apple, Cabbage, dijon mustard, olive oil, honey, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, pepper blend
Mix the dressings then add the the spiraled apple and cabbage.  Douse with pepper blend at the end

Mimosa:
-Vino Verde, fresh squeezed orange juice, fresh thai basil, lemon juice

20150905_201359.jpg

IMG_20150905_1136541.jpg

IMG_20150905_1152351.jpg

IMG_20150905_1145471.jpg

20150905_204245.jpg

20150905_205337.jpg

BigB's McSoftFocus McSpareRibs look pretty rockin' ...

I like all of the ingredients save wine, so I'm thinking I would like that ...

More Teasers:

reached into the case of Coke and pulled out the perfect can for this like it was meant to be or somethin'

here's how i'm Chillin' ( even though it's actually pretty :hot: )

Ghost pepper Vodka & Coke garnished with Ghost pepper Rings (if you try to replicate this please be careful)

& Grillin'

indirect over gas with a cast iron smoker box full of Cherry chips

:cheers:

entry 1:

fully Loaded Sliders & Prosciutto shooters 

Grillin' 
(indirect over Gas, w/ Cherry chips in the smoker-box)

Grilled Jalapenos, and Prosciutto Shooters

loaded Sliders !

Sliders with fresh grilled Jalapeno Peppers, grilled Bacon, homemade Guacamole (with fresh white Fatalii, Farmers Jalapeno, and Trinidad Congo peppers), Homemade Bread & Bhut'r Pickles, served with Grilled/Smoked Prosciutto Shooters (Havarti and Provolone, wrapped in Prosciutto, and stuffed into some home-pickled Stuffing Scotch Bonnets, and Bishops Crown peppers), Beans w/ Bacon, and Sweet Corn dusted with Dee Roo DruBQ, also some fresh sliced Trinidad Congo pepper.

"bite shot"... yeah they're still Pink in the middle  :D

Chillin' with Ghost pepper Vodka and Coke garnished with  Ghost pepper Rings 
(this smelled fantastic with every drink, and if you let the rings slide into your drink it gets hotter as it sits)

:cheers:

*Edited to include more details, and "bite shot" in my 6 pics*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back