• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Hangover Cures Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stacked Fatties

So normally I would make a stack with some sausage on biscuits on the bottom, but I had already planned to make fatties before the TD changed to hangover food, so I thought what the hell.

The Fatties:

1 pkg of bacon
1 roll of breakfast sausage
Whatever fillings you like and rubs you like.  
I did a Huevos con Chorizo fatty: 
3/4lb of Chorizo
4 eggs
1 package of Queso Chihuahua
1/2 yellow onion
1 poblano pepper

Popper paradise fatty:
bacon wrapped poppers
other half of the yellow onion
yellow bell pepper
orange bell pepper
poblano pepper
1 whole package of cream cheese

For the Huevos con chorizo saute your pepper and onion in a skillet then add the chorizo.  Once the sausage is cooked through add the premixed eggs to the skillet and cook.  I like to break mine up so it is smaller crumbles.  Fits easier into a torilla or a fatty in this case.

Popper paradise: I just sauteed some peppers and the other 1/2 of the onion.

Constructing the fatties 
After the weave take the sausage and put it in a 1 gal ziplock back.  Then roll it with a pin to spread it out to even thickness.  After that slice the bag open and apply to the bacon.

I spread the cream cheese between 2 pieces of parchment paper with a rolling pin then applied it to the popper paradise fatty. Then put the peppers and onions and 3 bacon wrapped poppers on the fatty.  

Once the fatties are assembled, use the plastic wrap to help you roll the fatty then put some skewers or use twine to tie the fatties closed.  I also put another piece of back on the ends to help seal them up.

I then smoked the fatties around 225-250 until the sausage had reached 160F.  I tried some different rubs along with some JHP mystery wine powder.  

After they are cooked give them time to cool so the cheese doesn't run out.

For the chili:
1 lb ground chuck
2 big cans of chile beans
1 big can diced tomatos
2 packs of chile seasoning
1 Green pepper
1 poblano
1 yellow onion
V8 juice

Brown the beef with the chopped onion, and peppers to desired tenderness, then add the rest of the ingredients, bring to a boil, then simmer for about 45mins-1hr.  You can also just use a can of chile if your hungover bad enough ;)

Hashbrowns:

2 tbs of bacon grease
1/2 yellow onion.  
Saute the onion in the bacon grease, throw some frozen hash browns in, then cook till brown.  Add salt and pepper to taste.

Fried egg:
once again get 2 tbs of bacon grease in the skillet.  Wait for it to get pretty hot then crack the eggs in the skillet.  Salt and pepper the eggs and flip.  Give them a minute or so then flip and again then pull from the pan.  

I assembled the plate with a slice of each fatty followed by the hash browns.  Then put 2 ladle fulls of chili on top of that.  Put the eggs on next them some of your favorite hot sauce.

Gluttony at its best :)

I always like to drink either a bloody mary or a screwdriver with a hangover.  However, having champagne left from NYE led to the Mimosas.  It was a red moscato(not sure I spelled it correctly lol) with OJ.  I think any of those 3 drinks would have paired well, but a beer goes with anything in my opinion, so you could have a beer too.

This meal accomplished what any hangover food should.  It put me in an absolute food coma for at least a couple of hours afterward lol.  I laid down on our bed and didn't move fading into and out of consciousness.  If I'm hungover I want to sleep, but sometimes can't because of not feeling great.  This would knock my ass out and help me hibernate until the hangover is gone.  Mission accomplished.

b5ef49d87123d7db1df7a2bdeb6fe9d3.jpg

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back