Salsa:
1 Tomato
About 1/8 of a white onion
2 Jalapenos
2 small cloves garlic
Juice of 2 limes
Cilantro to taste
Salt to taste

Chop all ingredients according to how chunky you like your salsa, here it was left pretty chunky, but garlic and Jalapenos were chopped finely. Mix all ingredients together…

Green Chile Chicken Burrito:
½ of a yellow onion
2 cloves of garlic
1 tablespoon white flower (I don’t actually know how much I used)
2 cups chicken stock
2 orange habaneros
½ lb of hatch green chile (roasted, de-skinned, frozen, then thawed here…)
1 lb of chicken breast (grilled first here)
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Tortilla
Refried beans
Chedder Cheese

Heat a skillet with some olive oil, add chopped garlic and onions, sauté until onions are translucent. Add flower and mix. Add chicken stock, mix and simmer till you have a sort of thick gravy. Add chopped green chile and habaneros and mix in. Add chicken. Stir and allow to thicken. Now butter and heat a tortilla, then top it with the green chile chicken mix, some refried beans, and cheese. Wrap.

Salad:
Mixed lettuce
Salsa

Just put lettuce on your plate and spoon some salsa over it. Make sure to pour lots of the juice so this will be sort of a tangy/spicy salad dressing.

DSC00097.jpg

DSC00104.jpg

They seriously won't even let you grill? Those oppressive bastards...
...well, I think we've only had like 1" of rain here since October, and as logchief can verify about half the state either has burned or is burning.
We've had wind blowing between 10mph and 25mph today... which would be bad news if a single spark jumped out of the pit, so just not worth the risk with everything as dry as a tenderbox.
When we do any watering in the yard now, it's to save the trees and bushes... our lawn has basically turned to dust and/or reverted back to native "buffalo grass".

Hey hey hey you told us a long time ago that tree of yours is not a banana tree it's some other leaf you've been masquerading as a banana leaf. :lol:

Busted.

True to an extent.

I do, in fact, have banana trees at my house. And sometimes in our pics the leaf is a real banana leaf. You can tell when it is a really big leaf, probably banana.

Most of the time, however, you're right. I use a "lobster claw" leaf...

Make no mistake, however, I do have real banana leaves at my disposal, and use them often!!!

BTW...nice pics Flame. That looks friggin incredible!!!!

...well, I think we've only had like 1" of rain here since October, and as logchief can verify about half the state either has burned or is burning.
We've had wind blowing between 10mph and 25mph today... which would be bad news if a single spark jumped out of the pit, so just not worth the risk with everything as dry as a tenderbox.
When we do any watering in the yard now, it's to save the trees and bushes... our lawn has basically turned to dust and/or reverted back to native "buffalo grass".

We're up in the DFW area...with a horse farm, and pastures that are mostly dirt now. We water to save our trees...occasionally. And we're buying round bales for the horses...a steal at $80 a bale...they're $50 higher at the feed stores, but we called in a neighbor-favor.

Some really nice looking entries so far. I'm interesting in what Coach is going to do with the nopal. I have some nopal paddles as well, and some red and green tuna/prickly pears, I might incorporate one of both of those too. Hmm...

True to an extent.

I do, in fact, have banana trees at my house. And sometimes in our pics the leaf is a real banana leaf. You can tell when it is a really big leaf, probably banana.

Most of the time, however, you're right. I use a "lobster claw" leaf...

Make no mistake, however, I do have real banana leaves at my disposal, and use them often!!!

BTW...nice pics Flame. That looks friggin incredible!!!!

Ah... the good ol' "lobster claw"... in the Heliconia family... we've had some good times together.

I've heard tales that there is a "Kung-Foo Grip" in the heliconia family... I'm still waiting to run into her.

Es Verdad.

Just razzing FD4!

Let's see the SoFlo! Bearitos?

Bearitos!!! HA.

Wish I thought of that before the guy took over my dartboard.

The guy drinks like a fish. Two empty 18 packs... and we're in the middle of a mean Cricket game.

He's shot-gunning a Tecate to the THP Mexican Throwdown as I type.

This may be my last TD for a while...so I better win this shit. For the next few months, I may be on a rice and beans budget.

I think I'm gonna buy my wife a Sequoia tomorrow.

Bearitos!!! HA.

Wish I thought of that before the guy took over my dartboard.

The guy drinks like a fish. Two empty 18 packs... and we're in the middle of a mean Cricket game.

He's shot-gunning a Tecate to the THP Mexican Throwdown as I type.

So did bear show up or didn't he? FD says no, you say yes. Sounds fishy to me...

im calling BS

on another note, im drunk as shit, just got off of a 15 hour brew shift, have off till thursday, and my tater tot creation is going to be epic

it might include microwave hot dogs too, gotta stay true to the PA Posse roots

i just have to decide if its "mexican" or not, or rather you all have to decide in the votes

BTW Jay

got some awesome Oat coming up, our imperial oatmeal stout in October, as well as some backburner barleywine in November, which i might possibly change the recipe around to make it more suitable for our tastes, as in higher alcohol, less hops, mashed in a little lower, and full of awesome

So did bear show up or didn't he? FD says no, you say yes. Sounds fishy to me...

Sum left my place around 10:30. No sign of Bear.

Most nights, he likes to hide in the bushes near sum's place and look at the neighborhood ladies undressing in their windows.

So does bear.

I knew I left something out!... Banana leaves!!!!!

Good looking stuff guys/gals.

Hope your feeling better soon TB, Tequila doesn't help?

Those fish tacos looked absolutely perfect salsalady! Impy, hell yeah. And scovie... its not fair that you made all the food in Mexico, jk, that platter looks amazing.

I didn't make ALL the food in mexico, they won't starve. Oh wait I get it... No man, I made all of that food right here at home. LOL

Happy birthday! Good luck! Looks good!

fixed my PoL in the prep post-

a8924759.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back