• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Pizza Pizza Pizza Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Death by Chocolate (Scorpion) Dessert pizza

This was my best entry today by far.  This turned out so good.  I really couldn't be any happier with it.

The dough:

1 yeast packet
2 tbs of my fresh grinded malt powder
1 cup of warm water
3 cups of flour
2 tbs of olive oil
1 1/4 tsp of salt

First, I put the yeast in a small bowl with 2 tbs of the water and let it sit for about 10-15 mins.  In a bowl I mixed the flour, olive oil, malt powder, and the salt, then mixed in the yeast and the water.  I stirred until thoroughly mixed and then kneaded by hand.  I let it sit out for about 45 mins, kneaded it a little more then put in a bowl in the fridge to sit.  I pulled the dough out of the fridge about 2 hrs before I was going to use it.  I once again kneaded the dough then rolled it out and folded it a few times until smooth. Then applied the toppings.

The candied pecans:
2 cups chopped pecans
4 tbs salted butter
4 tbs brown sugar
1 tsp salt
Pretty simple.  Melt the butter in a small saucepan.  Once melted dump the nuts in and stir around to coat them.  Then dump the sugar and salt in and start stirring until its caramelized.  Once done, spread them onto a sheet of wax paper and let them cool off.  After they cooled, I chopped them up to put them on the pizza.

Raspberry Scorpion sauce:
1 cup of fresh raspberries
1 cup water
5 tbs sugar
1 tbs cornstarch
1 Trinidad Chocolate Scorpion halved and seeded
I put all of the ingredients besides the cornstarch in the ninja and blended it up.  Then into a small saucepan.  Bring it to a boil then simmer for 25-30 mins.  After that add the cornstarch and bring to a boil again for 1 minute and remove from heat

Construction:
I put the rolled out dough into the oven at 500 degrees for about 5mins.  Then I removed it and spread the Nutella on pretty thick and halved some raspberries and placed them onto the pie. Put back into the oven until the crust was brown and the Nutella started to caramelize.  Once out of the oven I drizzled some fudge and the raspberry sauce all over, and spread the chopped candied pecans on the pie.

All I can say is that I highly recommend you try making this.  Everything mixed together so well.  The chocolate and Nutella give a richness, then you have the sweet/salty combo of the nuts and then the sweet tart/ spice of the raspberry sauce.  Not to mention the cooked raspberry halves.  Biting into those was the best part.

Getting close! Who likes stuffing?!?

0Z2fW42.jpg

Ozzy2001 said:
This was a lot of fun.  A lot of work, but fun.  I can't wait to sit down and check everybody else's stuff out now, but I'm about out of energy for tonight :)
That's why I only did one. (Early in the day)

Would you believe that after reading all these entries my son and wife ordered Round table pizza for dinner?

Wife was gonna make a desert pizza but she and son had lots to do today.

My new Kitchen aid mixer sure made things fun.

I see lots of baking on the horizon!
The Hot Pepper said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3fCt0Smfks
https://youtu.be/bjmgzLVuWLU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back