contest BEGIN! Pizza Rustica Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peach Cobbler Pizza

Two things I like to eat: pizza and peach cobbler. Unfortunately, some things that I have not tried to make recently are a dessert pizza, pizza dough from scratch, or a peach cobbler. Thus, I needed to locate some helpful recipes from to internet to use as a guide in this quest. I was able to assemble a combination on two interesting dishes to present a Peach Cobbler Pizza.

Ingredient List

2 1/4 teaspoons Yeast
8 Tablespoon Butter
8 Tablespoons Light Brown Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Light Brown Sugar
2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 -1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 cup Granola (no raisins)
10-15 (or so) trimmed peach slices
Canola Oil as required
10 or so Caramels
1 1/2 cup Water
1 tablespoon Water
3 cups Flour
1/2 teaspoon Yellow 7 Pod Powder/Flakes
Saran Wrap

Pizza Dough (credit to the internet)

1. Mix yeast, 1/2 teaspoon light brown sugar, and water into bowl. Let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Add salt and olive oil to mixture; and 2 1/2 cups flour to start. Add remaining 1/2 cup gradually, to achieve desired consistency. Add more or less flour as required.
3. Flour your hands, then dump/coax dough out of container onto a floured surface to help remove stickiness. Form into a lump.
4. Add some Canola oil to a large bowl, and then place dough in. Spray the top of dough ball with cooking spray-then cover with a tight seal of saran wrap. Allow to sit for about 1 hour.
5. When ready to assemble pizza, remove dough from bowl and place on a floured surface.
6. Roll the dough out with a bit of thickness for grilling purposes, and then place on a floured dinner plate.
7. Place dough on grill carefully, then add toppings. Bake for 10-15 minutes at approximately 400 degrees (some variance possible,) or until done.

Peach Cobbler (credit to the internet)

1. Prepare a quantity of canned or fresh peaches for pizza topping by slicing lengthwise with pair of scissors.
2. Carefully place prepared peach slices onto grill surface, allow to brown on both side for a few minutes.
3. Place grilled peaches into a mixing bowl, and add four tablespoons of melted butter.
4. Add four tablespoons brown sugar to this mix, and also 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Mix well, taking care not to damage peach slices too much.
5. In a separate bowl, add four tablespoons light brown sugar and four table spoons of melted butter. In addition, add 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/2 cup Granola. Mix well.
6. When ready to assemble peaches, carefully position sliced peaches on pizza dough as desired.
7. Spoon granola mixture over the top of the peaches lightly.

Caramel Sauce (credit to the package that I bought)

1. Add about 1 tablespoon of water to a saucepan, along with about 10 unwrapped caramel candies.
2. Allow this mixture to begin melting on medium/medium low heat slightly, until the caramels are slightly dissolved.
3. Stir mixture with a spoon to thicken a bit, then add 1 teaspoon yellow 7 Pod powder/flakes.
4. Continue cooking until caramels are completely melted.
5. When ready to assemble pizza, drizzle caramel sauce over dough as desired (after adding granola mixture.)

SeptTD2012.jpg

SeptTD20122.jpg

Here's some gratuitous teaser shots...

Some ground up Long Red Slim peppers for the sauce..
IMG_7068.jpg

All from the garden..
IMG_7064.jpg

Dough before:
IMG_7070.jpg

Dough later:
IMG_7131.jpg

Mile High Pizza Pie...
Thats all from RoninKitchen for now...

Can't explain it, but this part cracks me up... all those little bubbles in the earlier shot get HUGE! Yeast is such an amazing thing.
P1010202.JPG

This is after stirring it down. I could have made the pizza at this point, but between the rain and being sick, decided to wait until tomorrow so threw it back in the fridge. Started on antibiotic this afternoon, so tomorrow should start feeling better.
P1010203.JPG

Be skeptical if you will, TB, but you will see..... you will see!

Translation, geeme:

Piccies manana. :lol:

My dough is ready. Sum did his dough today too.
Soflo gonna get crazy tomorrow or Monday.
Don't fret. We are both in on this.
Nice cobbler, btw!

The dough had time to rise and got the split.
IMG_7132.jpg

A mix of spin stretch and knuckle kneading to shape the dough.
Roughly 8"
IMG_7134.jpg

Gotta be able to see light through the dough... thin crust die hard..
IMG_7135.jpg

The twins on my ghetto pizza sheet.
IMG_7136.jpg

The sauce.. I like thick so as to not to make the crust soggy.. maintain the balance..
IMG_7137.jpg

The cheese blend to top it off..
IMG_7141.jpg

Two pizzas call for two peppers..
IMG_7126.jpg

RoninKitchen will be back after this short break ....

Hot As

Alright getting sorted, dough ingredients, POL

Attachments

• SDC11408.JPG
    SDC11408.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 89
  • SDC11406.JPG
    SDC11406.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 85
  • SDC11407.JPG
    SDC11407.JPG
    129.8 KB · Views: 88