contest BEGIN! Regional/Ethnic Sandwich Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait... Open faced sandwiches eaten by utensils are allowable?

BTW, Paul that Looks fantastic! Dude, gimme some.

Blister, you have my full attention dude. Salmon is my favorite fish, especially King or coho salmon

Pepperfreak said:
Wait... Open faced sandwiches eaten by utensils are allowable?

It's ok, paulky is a bit of a dandy ol' fancy boy. He even holds his pinky finger up when he drinks his beer :lol:

The Great American Deep-fried Grilled Cheese Three-way!

Here's something that screams "American". The ingredients-

growstuff066.jpg

growstuff059.jpg

Deep-fried Grilled Cheese #1 (left) is-
Bimbo white bread
2 pc American processed cheese
and the batter is packaged pancake mix with a pinch of extra baking soda, water and some Texas Creek Southwest Spice mix

Deep-fried Grilled Cheese #2 (middle) is-
white bread
3 pieces American cheese
3 pieces bacon
pepperoncini rings
Panko breading with more Southwest Spice Mix
and egg wash with a healthy squirt of Texas Creek Ghost Fire hot sauce.

Deep-fried Grilled Cheese #3 (right) is layered as follows-
white bread
2 pc American cheese
3 pc bacon
2 pc American cheese
9 pc Hot&Spice pepperoni with a chunk of habanero on each ring
2 pc American cheese
white cheddar cheese
bread
The breading for #3 is Tempura batter with fatalli powder.

First, I deep-fried the bacon in the oil to be used for the sandwiches. I grilled each sandwich to melt the cheese and hold it together. Here's a prep pic-

growstuff061.jpg

Finishing touches for the sandwiches deep-fried in bacon infused oil... pickles, fresh fried chips (hey, why not? The oil was already hot) and a blob of ketchup?

growstuff063.jpg

And the taste????? HEART STOPPING!

LOL~~~ ENJOY!

SL.....THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' 'BOUT!!!! HOT BLUE AND RIGHTEOUS!!! I was waiting for someone to whip out the mother of all cheezy goodness!! That pic of the 3 way just might take it all!! :clap:

The layers.

The bread: Sordough with about 3 TBS fresh garlic butter grilled on the cast iron.
P3080377.jpg

Mahed Taters: Taters, cream, Aussie mustard, fresh parmesan, salt, pepper.
P3080378.jpg

Cheese: New Zealand cheddar off the microplane. (it's almost Aussie...lol)
P3080381.jpg

Bacon: Aussie Double beechwood smoked middle bacon with caremelized Blue Gum Honey.
P3080382.jpg

TBC

Salsalady, all I can say is wow.. that is a mighty tasty looking trio of culinary cardiac arrest :) I'll take 2 of each please lol

The Great Aussie Steak Sammie

Doesn't this look like Australia?
P3080380.jpg

2 layers medium rare Rump Steak
P3080383.jpg

Bundy Rum BBQ Sauce
P3080384.jpg

Woohoo, best steak sammie I've ever had.
P3080389.jpg

Med. rare steak :drooling: that has got me reeling! So good.

These things are hard! Tough competition. Glad to see a lot of fish representation too.

Thanks TB and Mojo,

speaking of cardiac, did anyone notice the magazine?

I thought that deep-frying the bacon in the oil first was a great inspiration! Hope it's worth a couple votes :)

answer one- watching calories, you know!

answer two- the store didn't have regular Busch, which is what I would have preferred, but at least it a tall boy!

salsalady said:
Thanks TB and Mojo,

speaking of cardiac, did anyone notice the magazine?

I thought that deep-frying the bacon in the oil first was a great inspiration! Hope it's worth a couple votes :)

SL....I think you should get extra points for the Lipitore plug. I saw it when you posted. Too funny!

DTS....you sir have a stonehenge of a meat sandwich..Hot blue and righteous.....dunno' if I can even come close...Awesome ya'll!!!

Well thats it... after lookin' at everyone's awesomeness loaded with meat, cheese and heat. Im gonna have to do a 2nd entry tommorow :) be on the lookout for some wicked meat mayhem from the kitchen!

btw.. DTS that steak looks awesome!

OMG.. way too many fantastic entries to comment on them all! well done guys! wow :D

considering putting in a second entry but not sure how its gonna go.. i've got king fish (dad caught a heap of them) marinading in the fridge atm.. not sure how it'd go on a sammich though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back