contest BEGIN! Regional/Ethnic Sandwich Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh hells yeah! Kinda like merguez which I loooovvvveee! Rock!

thehotpepper.com said:
Oh hells yeah! Kinda like merguez which I loooovvvveee! Rock!

Thanks! Cevapcici is a simple, easy food. Had to google merguez- looks like some folks eat it with harissa.

thehotpepper.com said:
Pulled pork sammy with peach BBQ sauce? Or glazed peaches? Yummy!!!!! I'm liking this already.

Yup, gonna make my sauce with the peaches and peppers,,Don't forget the Vidalia Onion,Only grown in GA!

boutros said:
Thanks! Cevapcici is a simple, easy food. Had to google merguez- looks like some folks eat it with harissa.

I'm liking it. The way I vote is what makes my mouth water when reading and looking. So far yours does that. :)

wayright said:
Yup, gonna make my sauce with the peaches and peppers,,Don't forget the Vidalia Onion,Only grown in GA!
You definitely have the Georgia thing going there. Can't wait.

wayright said:
Here is my Georgia teaser..
teaser.jpg

what are those peppers on the plate?

Thanks THP, good to finally just get an entry in!

Now where's my Eastern bloc peeps at? I'll need ya on this one!

serrano said:
what are those peppers on the plate?

Hot cherry,Thai's,and Cachuca,,Got 'em at the farmers market today. Hard to find fresh peppers here in the winter! Had never seen the Cachuca,Very mild for my standards.

Ok lets try this again, got a hold of better camera today.

Florida/Minorcan Grouper Sandwich with habanero/datil guava chutney and avocado bacon spread.
Jicama & sweet potato fries on the side

teaser2.jpg

teaser1.jpg

ok now time to go cook! :)

cookin.jpg

Edit: ended up not using the Jicama just did sweet potato fries

Competition is thick!!!

I LIKE that!!

Here's my teaser. Habaneros are thawing.....but PF's scorpoin powder is enough to melt the plate as it is! ;)

100_0781.jpg

Recipe:
Wicked Mojo's Minorcan Grouper Sandwich with Habanero/Datil Chutney
Fish:
Red Grouper, dipped in beer batter and fried

Chutney:
Fresh Key Limes (Juiced)
Guava paste
guava nectar
golden raisins
diced datil peppers
diced habanero
diced firm tomato
diced jalapeno
diced red onion
honey
mix together and simmer till liquid reduces and thickens a bit
spoon over beer batterd grouper fillets
put on bread of choice

avocado bacon spread:
1/2 half avocado
Hellmans mayonaise
crumbled up bacon
chili powder
put in food processor till creamy
spread on sandwich bread

sweet potato fries:
slice in long planks and deep fry salt & pepper to taste.

finished.jpg

finished3.jpg

finished4.jpg

Damn dude now THAT'S fish 'n chips!!!!

thehotpepper.com said:
POTAWIE that club is crazy. The pics look good but if you size them a tad bigger we can see what's going on there better. I can't see all the detail.

I love clubs.

Re-sized, and I added a pic. Thanks for the tip bossman:)

Here's my teaser. Got me a whole 6lbs. chinook salmon (King Salmon for you Yanks), ciabatta baguettes, bacon, tomatoes, mayo, sour cream, mustard seed, corriander, maple syrup, kosher salt, Szechwan peppercorns, Defcon 1, and a cedar plank. It's on the BBQ now.

Oh yea, can't forget the $.53 ala JayT ;)

sammichthrowdownteaser002.jpg

Okay.....here it is.....after all the anticipation.....

The Kentucky Hot Brown!:

100_0797.jpg

100_0798.jpg

100_0799.jpg

Ingredients:

-Crusty bread of your choice (this was sourdough)
-Smoked turkey breast
-Thick-sliced bacon, chopped or whole
-flour
-bacon fat for roux
-whole milk
-heavy cream
-parmesean/romano cheese
-shredded habanero cheddar
-tomatoes
-T-scorp powder
-habanero slivers

The bacon is fried to a medium crispy, then drain all but a few tablespoons of the pan drippings. Add the flour and whisk to a nice blonde roux. Crank up the heat to high and the milk and cream go in.....stirring constantly. When the "bechamel" comes together, add in the parmesean, romano, and habanero cheddar to create the mornay sauce. Season with T-scorpion powder and S&P.

Lightly butter on side of your bread and place under the broiler for about 3 minutes, or until browned. Place toasted side up on the plate, add your pre-smoked turkey, bacon, sliced tomatoes, and cover with the mornay sauce.

Place the plate under the broiler to lightly brown the surface of the sauce. Sprinkle with more T-scorpion powder, a bit of pepper, and slivers of orange habanero......garnish....and serve!

You will never meet a more sinful sandwich in your whole life! Smokey, cheesey, crunchy, bacony plate full of pure heaven! Retta would step over her own mother to have it! And I KNOW mine is better than the original from the Brown Hotel.

Hope it fares better than the po-boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back