• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Savory Chocolate Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
grantmichaels said:
I tried to get D to enter ...

I even suggested that she do 'Chocolate coming out her you know where!' FTW ...
IMG_7117.jpg

You should have done something like this.

Chocolate rolls, with chocolate sprinkles, chocolate cheese....

I can't quit until I have more posts than you ...

Then I might use up a username change slot to to rock TopPoster for FiveOhMike and hogleg ...

Turkey with chocolate fruit sauce.

Vac pack Turkey wing.
Dried Organic Mango 80 gr
Organic Coco paste 60gr
Orange one
Dried Tomato/Red Pepper mix 2tbsp
Smoked paprika 1 tbsp
Chipotle 2tbsp
Seasoning Mix, 1 tbsp
Brown Rice 1 cup

Slow cook turkey in crock-pot 6 hours
Juice orange and add to mango to re-hydrate, peel whole orange and cut into small pieces and add with the mango, add a couple tbsp honey to add to the maceration.
slow cook brown rice 4 hours (2 cups water)
After turkey done, fry to brown. Add liqueur from bag to mango mix and add coco and blend, add 4 tbsp serachi sauce.
Place rice in pan, add parchment and oil so it does not stick, place fried turkey on top, add paste to top of turkey.
Pop in oven with lid for 30min on 450f, add 1/4 water to pan to create steam.

Worked out a hell of lot better then expected, the fruity coco taste was great, the orange just a a bit of an edge, nothing over powered. Rice was like sticky rice and nice and fluffy. Flesh fell off the bones.
:)

P1100716_TDchocolate-01-1500_zpsmfqdlupc.jpg

P1100717_TDchocolate-02-1000_zpsof5oqnsz.jpg

P1100718_THchocolate-1500_zpszlgmrwhy.jpg

P1100722_THchocolate-1500_zpsb6smtkbx.jpg

P1100723_THchocolate-1500_zpsp2w8caa1.jpg

P1100724_THchocolate-1500_zpszps2o8w4.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P1100725_THchocolate-1500_zpsn6m3jsyk.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P1100728_THchocolate-1500_zpsp7wef6vl.jpg

grantmichaels said:
I can't quit until I have more posts than you ...

Then I might use up a username change slot to to rock TopPoster for FiveOhMike and hogleg ...

What??

FYI

I woulda done Jamocha almond fillet (steak) with cocoa mash pertaters. Jah habs, cocoa, coffee, almond incrusted fillet reverse sear. Yukon gold, caramelized shallot and manzano, cocoa mashed taters. At least that's what I imagine?

BOOM!

dragonsfire said:
Turkey with chocolate fruit sauce.

Vac pack Turkey wing.
Dried Organic Mango 80 gr
Organic Coco paste 60gr
Orange one
Dried Tomato/Red Pepper mix 2tbsp
Smoked paprika 1 tbsp
Chipotle 2tbsp
Seasoning Mix, 1 tbsp
Brown Rice 1 cup

Slow cook turkey in crock-pot 6 hours
Juice orange and add to mango to re-hydrate, peel whole orange and cut into small pieces and add with the mango, add a couple tbsp honey to add to the maceration.
slow cook brown rice 4 hours (2 cups water)
After turkey done, fry to brown. Add liqueur from bag to mango mix and add coco and blend, add 4 tbsp serachi sauce.
Place rice in pan, add parchment and oil so it does not stick, place fried turkey on top, add paste to top of turkey.
Pop in oven with lid for 30min on 450f, add 1/4 water to pan to create steam.

Worked out a hell of lot better then expected, the fruity coco taste was great, the orange just a a bit of an edge, nothing over powered. Rice was like sticky rice and nice and fluffy. Flesh fell off the bones.
:)

P1100716_TDchocolate-01-1500_zpsmfqdlupc.jpg

P1100717_TDchocolate-02-1000_zpsof5oqnsz.jpg

P1100718_THchocolate-1500_zpszlgmrwhy.jpg

P1100722_THchocolate-1500_zpsb6smtkbx.jpg

P1100723_THchocolate-1500_zpsp2w8caa1.jpg

P1100724_THchocolate-1500_zpszps2o8w4.jpg

P1100725_THchocolate-1500_zpsn6m3jsyk.jpg

P1100728_THchocolate-1500_zpsp7wef6vl.jpg

Is that dill you finished with? This is really working for me. When I imagine all the different flavors, They seem to fall together like puzzle pieces. 

Great Dish!! :drooling:  :drooling:  :drooling:

hogleg said:

What??

FYI

I woulda done Jamocha almond fillet (steak) with cocoa mash pertaters. Jah habs, cocoa, coffee, almond incrusted fillet reverse sear. Yukon gold, caramelized shallot and manzano, cocoa mashed taters. At least that's what I imagine?

BOOM!

Well i was gonna do a Nutella, Manzano Jelly, and Habanero-Jack Grilled Cheese Sammich   :lol:

I may still make one, but not for throwdown. there is some great creative entries in this one  :clap:
Nice work everyone, way to rock the Chocolate  :metal:

:cheers:

geeme said:
I'll be entering after all. Been doing double-duty between the kitchen and my office, wanting to tell my client "LOOK, I'M COOKING OVER HERE..... BACK OFF!"

But that wouldn't sound so good to them, I don't think.  :think:  :shame:

LOOK, I'M COOKING YOUR BOOKS OVER HERE!

problem solved.

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:

Well i was gonna do a Nutella, Manzano Jelly, and Habanero-Jack Grilled Cheese Sammich   :lol:

I may still make one, but not for throwdown. there is some great creative entries in this one  :clap:
Nice work everyone, way to rock the Chocolate  :metal:

:cheers:

nike_just_do_it.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back