• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Soup n Sammie Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
t0mato said:
That was sensory overload as always GM.

Fantastic pepper pot. Did your bone ever make it out of your le creuset?

Popped free after bringing some water and dishsoap to a boil and letting it cool overnight ;) ...

Still have to use the LC cleaner on it, to spruce it up after the cool ... it's got some stubborn spots that the cleaner will shape right up ...
Grass Snake said:
Clock is ticking. Hope to see a good last minute entry.

My remix from a minute ago should be an entry ...

I just destroyed the web redemption.

I won't post it the TD thread ... to keep it real in terms of fair competition ...

Trust! ;)

chilli_pepper_cooking_lg_clr_1_zps5ca1f77e.gif

Green Hatch Chile Soup  and
Pulled Pork, Habanero Jack Cheese, and smoked Cheddar Sammie
(between Corn Tortillas)

6IRjT1J.jpg

Hickory smoked pulled Pork, Peppers and Garlic

PE0J59D.jpg

qoaKHLh.jpg

a0Pq1Uq.jpg

PI1JLOr.jpg

D6ZHqLU.jpg

INGREDIENTS:
15 fresh, large green Hatch chiles 
3 large Jalapeno Gigante peppers
7-10 yellow Rocoto peppers (I used pineapple rocoto)
1 large sweet onion chopped
2 cups white corn 
1 Tablespoon butter
2 teaspoon fine alderwood smoked sea salt  plus more to taste if necessary
6 cloves garlic, chopped
1 pinch mexican oregano
3 to 4 cups unsalted chicken broth (start with 3 but have 4 cups on hand in case you need to thin the soup out some)
1 cup heavy cream (yes this seems like a lot of cream, but rocotos pack some heat you'll be thankfull the cream is there also it just taste so dang good like this. if you want to use less cream or even half and half when making this, feel free to adjust to your liking)

METHOD:
First roast Chiles and half the Onion and roast that too
once the chiles are nice and blackened on all sides, put in paper sack then in plastic grocery bag and tie tight allowing them to steam for about 20 minutes.
then peel the chiles and deseed and set aside with onion in pan or large bowl.

Melt 1 tablespoon of butter on medium heat. Add the onions (chopped) and cook until they start to become transluscent, now add the garlic, and a pinch of mexican oregano, and alderwood smoked sea salt
After the onions and garlic look delicious and smell fantastic, add the liquid from the pan of roasted hatch chiles and about a cup of your chicken broth. Cook on medium for 10-12 minutes then add this garlic onions and broth to blender, with prepped Hatch chiles, add your corn include the juice if you like it sweeter and add now add more broth, blend until smoothe then pour back into pan 
Add to this 1 cup of Heavy cream and heat till nice and hot stirring semi frequently 

Serve topped with some Cotija cheese pinch of chopped cilantro, and fresh thin sliced red rocoto rings for garnish, can be served hot or cold.

thank you for considering my entry 

:cheers:
G.I.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back