• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Taco Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
texas blues said:
Hey Big B somebody took a bite out of one the smacks!

hah, yea. funny thing is, i had a friend visiting from cleveland and she was swimming when that happened. we had a life ring out she was swimming on and I pulled up that mack with the chunk bitten out and blood everywhere. needless to say, i screamed at her to swim back in and promptly dragged that life ring in with her on it as fast as i could. sharks with blood in the water get...dangerous
grantmichaels said:
BigB doing it SoFlo legit ... I know some other SoFlo bastiges have grabbed their ... err ... have fished for their TD!
this is my first TD....I can't skimp. I think it's risky doing fish though...not everyone likes fish

Still have to go shopping…. something about tequila and lime kind of interrupted my plans today.  :beer:

Stuff on-hand and PoL:
tease.jpg

This is going to be fun!

BigB said:
this is my first TD....I can't skimp. I think it's risky doing fish though...not everyone likes fish

Pretty sure fish will garner extra votes one for the fresh caught aspect and two because it's different and everyone likes different. 

I've thrown carnitas down so many times it's just going to be the same old same old. 

D3monic said:
Pretty sure fish will garner extra votes one for the fresh caught aspect and two because it's different and everyone likes different. 

I've thrown carnitas down so many times it's just going to be the same old same old.
Fish taco is not different to me, it's a normal taco I eat once a week. :)

Don't worry about stuff like that. Just make the best taco you can!

BigB said:

hah, yea. funny thing is, i had a friend visiting from cleveland and she was swimming when that happened. we had a life ring out she was swimming on and I pulled up that mack with the chunk bitten out and blood everywhere. needless to say, i screamed at her to swim back in and promptly dragged that life ring in with her on it as fast as i could. sharks with blood in the water get...dangerous

Not ever one does like fish as you say.

How well I know.

Fish tacos are differnt' some how.

I've found that folks that say they don't like fish somehow love fish tacos.

Maybe its the condiments and toppings on a taco not normally associated with

an entree of fish at a restaurant that makes the difference.

In this case they don't necessarily think about the fish or seafood but they think 'taco".

A taco "something differnt' than just ground beef based.

Dig it.

mrs. blues hates fish.

But she'll eat fish n' chips.

Fish n' chips is just a taco minus the taco.

Think about it.

Dang TB you are writing books tonight!

Yay i'm not the only one who's going to have amoeba shaped tortillas :p 

Love it, Looking good so far!

BTW i'm never marinading with pineapple again. All the juices in my pan turned into gelatin and changed the color of my porkloin. Doesn't look like it ate into the meat at all really and the smoker will be turning the outer layer into bark anyhow but made me sad it ruined all those delicious juices. 

I'll transfer it  back to a pan with onions and peppers after a few good hours of smoking. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back