• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! The Dual Burger Duel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just getting started...
Hoping I got enough tuna out, but there's more if needed.

image.jpg

Almost forgot the POL.

image.jpg

grantmichaels said:
Couldn't get this to work for me ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0XCMNu1L38&feature=youtu.be

I pondered whether or not, based upon the jackets, that he was brilliant or mad, or both ...

before I read your last line I was looking at the video and thinking, "Holy hell this dude has his color filters tuned way up, and found the dullest room on earth to stand in".
he definitely gets your attention. the recipe looks simple enough. how did yours not turn out well?

Kewpie from the squeezeeze it is then ...

I'll leave this here for folks amusement while I run an errand ...

a0250c67be437383479be26a95825823.jpg

f24f99b942457eebfffd2f3f0dfc6ef3.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0E_whe7uuU

Probably my fault, somehow ...

Maybe eggs needed to be warm, or older, or more fresh ...

I cracked open a few more eggs into a fresh jar, started the emulsion and drizzled in the original failure to see if it would take ...

aa25ef2f9c0245b4caa71e8823e131e1.jpg

Nyet! :D

46fd66e32ad3500eff5eccae6483f81d.jpg

So I'll use the kewpie ...

Have fun - BBL! :rofl:

grantmichaels said:
Kewpie from the squeezeeze it is then ...

I'll leave this here for folks amusement while I run an errand ...

a0250c67be437383479be26a95825823.jpg

f24f99b942457eebfffd2f3f0dfc6ef3.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0E_whe7uuU

Probably my fault, somehow ...

Maybe eggs needed to be warm, or older, or more fresh ...

I cracked open a few more eggs into a fresh jar, started the emulsion and drizzled in the original failure to see if it would take ...

aa25ef2f9c0245b4caa71e8823e131e1.jpg

Nyet! :D

46fd66e32ad3500eff5eccae6483f81d.jpg

So I'll use the kewpie ...

Have fun - BBL! :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl:

Student of Spice said:

before I read your last line I was looking at the video and thinking, "Holy hell this dude has his color filters tuned way up, and found the dullest room on earth to stand in".
he definitely gets your attention. the recipe looks simple enough. how did yours not turn out well?

It failed me, or I failed it, one or the other - I'll shoulder it for the time being.

Most people were starting theirs with a single yolk, and a bunch of people who used the stick blender let some white in ...

If this was a regular TD I would keep trying until I got it, and risk not entering to get it (since making the mayo was one of the more interesting components to this one, for me) - but it's a H2H and I am curious to see how hot stuff looks in a world where I'm the better man - his words, not mine! ;) ...

:rofl:

So far, 0-2 on quick mustard and kewpie, and I have stuff in a sous vide bath when I originally planned to grill everything ...

#SmashingStart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back